PulseGuide v1.36 is available

Ray Gralak <rgr@...>

Hello all,

I am announcing the general availability of PulseGuide v1.36.

I want to thank Howard at AP for helping test this new version. He helped
find a few Southern hemisphere bugs and a very subtle timing bug. You can
download the new version and get a list of the new features/bug fixes here:

http://www.pulseguide.com

Direct download of the update is here:

http://www.pulseguide.com/Installs/PulseGuide136.exe

NOTE: This version will not uninstall the previous version of PulseGuide, so
you can use both versions interchangeably.

Thanks,

-Ray Gralak

Dean S

Hi Ray,

I thought the next version would have the object data base in it so it could be exactly like the handbox and I don't need a planetarium program?

Thanks,
Dean

I am announcing the general availability of PulseGuide v1.36.

I want to thank Howard at AP for helping test this new version. He helped
find a few Southern hemisphere bugs and a very subtle timing bug. You can
download the new version and get a list of the new features/bug fixes here:

http://www.pulseguide.com

Direct download of the update is here:

http://www.pulseguide.com/Installs/PulseGuide136.exe

NOTE: This version will not uninstall the previous version of PulseGuide, so
you can use both versions interchangeably.

Thanks,

-Ray Gralak

Yahoo! Groups Links

Howard Hedlund

Hello Dean,

This is not the new Astro-Physics Command Center that Ray is still
working on. It is instead a version of the same PulseGuide you have
been using that addresses several issues primarily for southern
hemisphere observers that needed to get fixed. Anyone in the southern
hemisphere definitely needs to update to this version. There are also
a few additional items that were improved or fixed that make it
worthwhile for all of us in the north. Since the logic involved will
also apply to the new Astro-Physics Command Center, there was every
reason to go forward with the fixes even though PulseGuide is set to be
replaced with Ray's new software when it is finished.

Mag. 7 skies!

Howard Hedlund

Astro-Physics, Inc.

815-282-1513

________________________________

http://www.pulseguide.com <http://www.pulseguide.com>

Direct download of the update is here:

http://www.pulseguide.com/Installs/PulseGuide136.exe
<http://www.pulseguide.com/Installs/PulseGuide136.exe>

NOTE: This version will not uninstall the previous version of
PulseGuide,
so
you can use both versions interchangeably.

Thanks,

-Ray Gralak

Yahoo! Groups Links

2/15/2008
9:00 AM

Ray Gralak <rgr@...>

Hi Dean,

I think you are thinking of the Astro-Physics Command Center, which is still
in development.

Date: 2/15/2008
9:00 AM

Dean S

Ok, Howard & Ray,

I am looking forward to it and will sit patiently and wait. Any idea when it might be ready for prime time?

Thanks

Date: 2/15/2008
9:00 AM

Yahoo! Groups Links

Ray Gralak <rgr@...>

Any idea when it (AP Command Center) might be ready for prime time?
It's hard to say for sure... it will be ready when it's ready. :-) Much of
the user interface is done but the remaining details are likely going to be
time consuming and I only usually get to work on it on weekends. The object
library will be one of the last things put in (and so that hasn't been done
yet).

-Ray

Pierre Henrotay

Hi Ray,

whenever I start PulseGuide 1.36, I get a Windows installer
box "Please wait while Windows configures..."; same also when
accessing the PDF (all from start menu).
Is this normal ? I had no such thing with previous versions.
I am running XP Home.

Pierre
--- In ap-gto@..., "Ray Gralak" <rgr@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I am announcing the general availability of PulseGuide v1.36.

I want to thank Howard at AP for helping test this new version. He
helped
find a few Southern hemisphere bugs and a very subtle timing bug.
You can
download the new version and get a list of the new features/bug
fixes here:

http://www.pulseguide.com

Direct download of the update is here:

http://www.pulseguide.com/Installs/PulseGuide136.exe

NOTE: This version will not uninstall the previous version of
PulseGuide, so
you can use both versions interchangeably.

Thanks,

-Ray Gralak

Ray Gralak <rgr@...>

Hi Pierre,

That's not normal.... the installer thinks something is wrong. Try
uninstalling all old versions and reinstalling v1.36. Make sure to update
any shortcuts because the install directory has changed.

<mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> , "Ray Gralak" <rgr@...> wrote:

[...]

I uninstalled V1.30, V1.34 and V1.36.
Then I reinstalled 1.36. Kept all defaults proposed in installer.

Same problem: "Please wait while windows configures PulseGuide..."
everytime I start PG or even the help from the start menu.
Not a big issue but strange.

[...]

Salyer <salyer@...>

Strange. I also get the message when I start PulseGuide. Doesn't cause any problem, just looks a bit odd. I run XP pro.

Greg

<http://www.pulseguide.com/Installs/PulseGuide136.exe>http://www.pulseguide.com/Installs/PulseGuide136.exe
<http://www.pulseguide.com/Installs/PulseGuide136.exe>

NOTE: This version will not uninstall the previous version of
PulseGuide, so
you can use both versions interchangeably.

Thanks,

-Ray Gralak

bill_lombardo_bill

Hi! Pierre
Yesterday I had a similar problem with 1.36.
I traced the directory and folder where the real .exe program was
located (there is a disturbing second copy .exe which is only a
connection)and the program finally started.
I left 1.30 still in my PC.
Try to find the real .exe with Windows "properties" as I did.

Good luck e buona fortuna.
--- In ap-gto@..., "phenrotay" <Pierre.Henrotay@...>
wrote:

[...]

I have reproduced this message after uninstalling all previous versions and
reinstalling 1.36 so it looks like I will have to release 1.37 soon. If
anyone else sees any other bugs please report them ASAP. I would like v1.37
to be the last for a while.

-Ray

[...]

bcoote37

Hi,
I got this message ONCE only at startup.
I left the previous release in place.
Running XP-Pro.
Brian Coote