Park command question

Tom Davis

When I issue a park command through the PulseGuide control panel does
the RA motor stop after reaching the assigned park position. Will the
mount stay at that position until a move command is issued to the
mount. Does the RA motor start again at that point?

Tom

ayiomamitis

Tom,

To paraphrase Rolando, the mount ALWAYS knows where its pointing. As a
result, once you park and turn everything off, the mount will know
where it left off upon start-up.

Anthony.

--- In ap-gto@..., "Tom Davis" <tvdavis@...> wrote:

When I issue a park command through the PulseGuide control panel does
the RA motor stop after reaching the assigned park position. Will the
mount stay at that position until a move command is issued to the
mount. Does the RA motor start again at that point?

Tom

Tom Davis

I agree, but I want to leave the power to the mount on after it has
parked. This is for a remote operation.

Tom

--- In ap-gto@..., "ayiomamitis" <ayiomami@...> wrote:

Tom,

To paraphrase Rolando, the mount ALWAYS knows where its pointing. As a
result, once you park and turn everything off, the mount will know
where it left off upon start-up.

Anthony.

--- In ap-gto@..., "Tom Davis" <tvdavis@> wrote:

When I issue a park command through the PulseGuide control panel does
the RA motor stop after reaching the assigned park position. Will the
mount stay at that position until a move command is issued to the
mount. Does the RA motor start again at that point?

Tom

John Winfield

The mount does stop tracking when parked, but the danger is that a
power glitch may cause the mount to restart and thus resume tracking.

I asked on the group here whether AP would add a config option to the
mount to allow the user to disable tracking on startup, but Roland
posted a way to configure the current mount to do that.
I've not tried it myself, but if you search the archive you should
find it.

John

[...]

Ray Gralak <rgr@...>

John,

If the mount is in EXT mode it will NOT start tracking again after a power
cycle.

-Ray