New to the group

Ben Ritchie <count.zero@...>

My new 1200GTO arrived yesterday and is now setup in my observatory
(being sheltered from torrential rain... :( ) so I thought I'd say
hello to the group. The mount is an absolutely astonishing piece of
work, the quality of the build and componentry is all I'd hoped and
the sheer scale of the mount is a whole new world compared to my old
G11. My sincere thanks to whoever machined it and put it together at
AP, they did a great job.

Plus with a 130EDT mounted it looks amazing ;)

No questions yet, just 'hello'; I guess one advantage of the rain is
that it gives me time to read the manual...

Ben.

ayiomamitis

Ben,

Just wait until you put it into use. If you are impressed now, wait
till you see this baby in action!

I received my AP1200 last year and I am still drooling.

We share the same background (G-11) and the difference is night and
day (no intentions for any sort of flame war - just the naked truth).

Anthony.

--- In ap-gto@..., "Ben Ritchie" <count.zero@...> wrote:

My new 1200GTO arrived yesterday and is now setup in my observatory
(being sheltered from torrential rain... :( ) so I thought I'd say
hello to the group. The mount is an absolutely astonishing piece of
work, the quality of the build and componentry is all I'd hoped and
the sheer scale of the mount is a whole new world compared to my old
G11. My sincere thanks to whoever machined it and put it together at
AP, they did a great job.

Plus with a 130EDT mounted it looks amazing ;)

No questions yet, just 'hello'; I guess one advantage of the rain is
that it gives me time to read the manual...

Ben.

Mark Galiyano <mgjr@...>

Welcome Ben,
I received my AP1200 in August (a truely amazing peice of equipment)
and was fortunate to have clear skies the night I received it. I went
from out of the box to:
http://galiyano.com/images/M31-BW.jpg
in less that 4 hours. Needless to say I read most of the manual
later:) but the new startup sections were exceptional and provided the
neccesary information to get up a running, fast!
Enjoy, and Clear Skies,
Mark Galiyano

--- In ap-gto@..., "Ben Ritchie" <count.zero@...> wrote:

My new 1200GTO arrived yesterday and is now setup in my observatory
(being sheltered from torrential rain... :( ) so I thought I'd say
hello to the group. The mount is an absolutely astonishing piece of
work, the quality of the build and componentry is all I'd hoped and
the sheer scale of the mount is a whole new world compared to my old
G11. My sincere thanks to whoever machined it and put it together at
AP, they did a great job.

Plus with a 130EDT mounted it looks amazing ;)

No questions yet, just 'hello'; I guess one advantage of the rain is
that it gives me time to read the manual...

Ben.

aposrule <surpher@...>

Congrats on your new mount. You'll love it.

I once mounted my AP 92mm f/5 StowAway atop my AP1200GTO. It looked absolutely
hilarious. Then again, the binoviewer did add a lot of extra mass ...

Clear Skies,
John

--- In ap-gto@..., "aposrule" <surpher@...> wrote:

Congrats on your new mount. You'll love it.

I once mounted my AP 92mm f/5 StowAway atop my AP1200GTO. It looked
absolutely
hilarious. Then again, the binoviewer did add a lot of extra mass ...
John, if you think you are bad, try a Coronado PST on an AP1200GTO! :-)

I do not remember where I saw such a setup involving the PST but it
was beyond description. Maybe, just maybe, it was my buddy Paul Hyndman.

Anthony.

Clear Skies,
John

--- In ap-gto@..., "Ben Ritchie" <count.zero@> wrote:

My new 1200GTO arrived yesterday and is now setup in my observatory
(being sheltered from torrential rain... :( ) so I thought I'd say
hello to the group. The mount is an absolutely astonishing piece of
work, the quality of the build and componentry is all I'd hoped and
the sheer scale of the mount is a whole new world compared to my old
G11. My sincere thanks to whoever machined it and put it together at
AP, they did a great job.

Plus with a 130EDT mounted it looks amazing ;)

No questions yet, just 'hello'; I guess one advantage of the rain is
that it gives me time to read the manual...

Ben.

roundycat

Ben.
I know of you from the UKAI group and I have to say the 1200 is a whole
different ball game from the G11. No more bloody stupid multi star
pointing models for a start! The mount is amazing, wait until you see
the tracking errors, mine are so small I never bothered with PEC or
Pempro. The manual is excellent and answers all the questions you have
yet to ask. Good luck with it!

Dennis