Mach1GTO with Celestron CGE tripod

ayiomamitis

Dear group,

Has anyone tried using their Mach1GTO with a Celestron CGE tripod?
There is a really sweet deal on these mounts right now and I am eager
to learn how suitable they are? Ditto for an adapter to mate the
Mach1GTO to the tripod.

On the basis of the specs I have seen for the CGE tripod, there should
be absolutely no problem combining these two items.

As much as I would like to use a Losmandy G-11 tripod, the deal
available right now for the CGE is very sweet.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Anthony.

Roland Christen

In a message dated 8/21/2007 9:19:41 AM Central Daylight Time, Eddwen@...
writes:

I have my 900/155 on a CGE tripod. The tripod is really sturdy. I
simply tapped a few holes in the 900 adapter plate to match the mount
holes in the CGE plate. The CGE top plate is a casting with the holes
in place so there is no easy way to modify it to match the 900 plate.
I assume you can do similar with the Mach 1.

Clear skies,

Edd Weninger
Overgaard AZ
Thanks, we'll have to look into that.

Rolando

**************************************
Get a sneak peek of the all-new
AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

Edd Weninger

--- In ap-gto@..., "ayiomamitis" <ayiomami@...> wrote:

Dear group,

Has anyone tried using their Mach1GTO with a Celestron CGE tripod?
There is a really sweet deal on these mounts right now and I am eager
to learn how suitable they are? Ditto for an adapter to mate the
Mach1GTO to the tripod.

On the basis of the specs I have seen for the CGE tripod, there should
be absolutely no problem combining these two items.

As much as I would like to use a Losmandy G-11 tripod, the deal
available right now for the CGE is very sweet.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Anthony.

Edd Weninger

I used 3 ea. 5/16-18 tapped holes on a 4.00" Bolt Circle @ 120* in
the 900 pier adapter plate. Bolts/washers of suitable length
inserted from below to assure bolts do not protrude above plate top
surface. I should also note that the center tensioning draw-bolt of
the CGE tripod may need to be trimmed if you want to keep the .495
dia. center positioning cap screw functional.

If you need to know the bolt length, let me know and I'll pull one
out.

Clear skies,

Edd Weninger
Overgaard AZ