Reticle illuminator fried

r1300rs

Ok, it was dark and the first time using my new AP900. I accidently plugged the illuminator
cable (with polarity switching adapter) to the 6volt connection instead of the reticle
connection (3 volt I assume). Naturally I smoaked the red LED. Will this cause any harm to
the control box (versus my pride)? How would I obtain a replacement; from Losmandy?

Roland, thanks for the hat and keychain; I'm the envy of the Colonel.

Thanks,

I remain bruised.

planetary_hunter

--- In ap-gto@..., "r1300rs" <cardiofuse@...> wrote:

Ok, it was dark and the first time using my new AP900. I
accidently plugged the illuminator
cable (with polarity switching adapter) to the 6volt connection
instead of the reticle
connection (3 volt I assume). Naturally I smoaked the red LED.
Will this cause any harm to
the control box (versus my pride)? How would I obtain a
replacement; from Losmandy?

Roland, thanks for the hat and keychain; I'm the envy of the
Colonel.

Thanks,

I remain bruised.
You got a hat?

Bryan

r1300rs

Well ok, I'm going to answer my own question here. Radio Shack sells the right T1 3mm LED
part Number 276-026 which will run you $1.49 for a package of two. I used some .022
solder and a fine tip to touch the new LED in place. Works great. Remember the shorter wire
on LED is the Cathode and keep in mind the reversing cable as provided by AP. You can also
easily test the LED operation with the battery pack or Ohm meter (1.5 volts).

So, I'm back in operation and will now leave the polarity cable permantly attached to the
controller jack.....