From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...] On
Behalf Of Jeff Young
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 10:38 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Dimensions of 600E dec head

I'm in the process of buying a Mewlon 250 to go on my 600E, but
the
mount is in Colorado (and I'm in Ireland). I'm having the Mewlon

mounting plate sent to me here (the scope itself will go
straight to
Colorado), but I need the outer diameter of the dec head, and a
brief
description of the mouting holes (I have an extra saddle here so
I can
accurately measure the holes -- I'm just not sure which holes in
the
saddle line up with holes in the 600's dec head).

Thanks,
-- Jeff.

Howard Hedlund

Hello Jeff,

Bolt circle on 600E Dec head is 1.625"

Dec head outer diameter 4.46"

Mag. 7 skies!

Howard Hedlund

Astro-Physics, Inc.

815-282-1513

________________________________

I'm in the process of buying a Mewlon 250 to go on my 600E, but
the
mount is in Colorado (and I'm in Ireland). I'm having the Mewlon

mounting plate sent to me here (the scope itself will go
straight to
Colorado), but I need the outer diameter of the dec head, and a
brief
description of the mouting holes (I have an extra saddle here so
I can
accurately measure the holes -- I'm just not sure which holes in
the
saddle line up with holes in the 600's dec head).

Thanks,
-- Jeff.

Jeff Young <jey@...>

Howard --

Rockin'. Thanks much!

Oh wait... the holes in my Casady saddle that match that spacing are
9/32 (a bit over 7mm). I think I remember the 600 is metric -- so I
assume the saddle cap screws are M6?

Thanks again,
-- Jeff.

________________________________

From: ap-gto@... <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com>
I'm in the process of buying a Mewlon 250 to go on my 600E, but
the
mount is in Colorado (and I'm in Ireland). I'm having the Mewlon

mounting plate sent to me here (the scope itself will go
straight to
Colorado), but I need the outer diameter of the dec head, and a
brief
description of the mouting holes (I have an extra saddle here so
I can
accurately measure the holes -- I'm just not sure which holes in
the
saddle line up with holes in the 600's dec head).

Thanks,
-- Jeff.

Howard Hedlund

Hey Jeff,