Need bolts from US

N. Foldager

Hi,

I am preparing a special adapter plate to go on the declination head
of my 900GTO (on the surface where you use to place a saddle plate.)

We use the metric system in Denmark and I have not been able to find
the bolts in the US system needed to fasten this adapter.

Would someone in US be so kind as to help me purchase some? I will
of course pay all costs involved. Or maybe you know where I can
order them online for international delivery?
(How about Astro-Physics? :-)

I'm talking about this type of bolts:

http://www.nf.suite.dk/bolt.jpg

In Denmark, we call them "Unbrako bolts". Are they "called socket
head bolts" in US?

The diameter of the thread should be 6.2 mm = 1/4"
and it should go in here (read arrow):

http://www.nf.suite.dk/declination_head.jpg

The length of the thread should be between 1.25" and 1.5"

Right now, I need 6 bolts, however, I gladly receive, say, 20 or
more.

The quality should be the highest of stainless steel (in Danish
terms "quality 12.9")

I very much appreciate it if someone can help.

Best regards,

Niels Foldager

Poschinger Konstantin v. <KPoschinger@...>

Hello,

<ou can find these screws by Mr. Neumann Jr.: http://
www.gerd.neumann.net/

Konstantin

Konstantin v. Poschinger
Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
http://www.astro22605.de

Am 29.04.2007 um 16:27 schrieb N. Foldager:

[...]

Eric Baumgartner

Niels:

If you can't find these screws from a local or EU supplier, you can order
them through McMaster-Carr at <http://www.mcmaster.com>. Their part number
is 92185A544 for a socket head cap screw, 1/4"-20, 1.25" long in Type 316
stainless steel. The hex key size for the screw is 3/16". When you navigate
to their site, type in the part number in the "Find Products" box on the
left side.

A package of 10 cap screws is priced at US$5.98.

Hope this helps,

Eric Baumgartner
Redding, CT USA

On 04/29/07 10:27 AM, "N. Foldager" <nf@...> wrote:

[...]

Yahoo! Groups Links

N. Foldager

Thank you so much to Eric, Konstantin, and Stuart!

[...]

Robert Schlingensiepen <schling@...>

Hi Niels,

Try these guys in Germany. They specialize on stainless and carry US
type threads (UNC).

http://www.online-schrauben.de/

Hope this helps,

Robert