Wanted badly, 3 bolts to mount AP900 plate to Meade LX200 tripod - help ?

Dominique Dierick

Hi,

to mount an AP900 base plate to a meade lx200 tripod I would need 3
bolts that fit the LX200 head threaded holes.
I have short ones, but due to the nature of the tripod I need to make
room to accomodate and clear the central shaft nut.
I have an alu ring that fits the bill to lift the AP900 mounting
plate, but I know would need 3 longer bolts (about 6cm)
with conical head.

I have looked here everywhere in Belgium, but no-find. Of course I
don't know the exact thread size of the required
bolts, but perhaps someone has an LX200 tripod and knows, or could
provide me with 3 bolts (paid of course!).

Thanks for any help - if you can help, please contact me offline (or
if you know the exact thread size of the LX200 holes, that would be
nice too)

Dodi

Dominique Dierick

Hi,

found the bolt type:

It is 5/16-18 with kinda coarse thread. I would need 3 of at least
60mm to fit the bill. Thanks for any help. I looked on ebay UK, but
not really a success, and from the US seems overkill by the volume -
usually packaged with hundred bolts :)

Needs to be countersunk.

Cheers

dodi