New Mach1GTO question

dogonenuts1 <nham@...>

I just received my new Mach1GTO(after a 6 year wait) three days ago and because of work,
soccer and Little League games am just now starting to get it set up. I'll first have to say that
the workmanship is really incredible. It is truely like a cross between a handcrafted Swiss
watch and an Abrams M1 tank. It is solid yet exquisite. Cudos to you Roland.

Anyway, my first question is: under the setup menu, then the park/mount opiton submenu,
should there be an option for the Mach1 mount? I only see the old 400,600,900,1200
options. What should I key in? Does it even matter?

Thanks,

Robert Ham

observe_m13

Yes, it does matter. Set it as an AP900 or AP1200. It is dependent on
the number of teeth on the worm gears and the Mach1 is the same as the
900/1200. The 400/600 have fewer.

Rick.

--- In ap-gto@..., "dogonenuts1" <nham@...> wrote:

I just received my new Mach1GTO(after a 6 year wait) three days ago
and because of work,
soccer and Little League games am just now starting to get it set
up. I'll first have to say that
the workmanship is really incredible. It is truely like a cross
between a handcrafted Swiss
watch and an Abrams M1 tank. It is solid yet exquisite. Cudos to
you Roland.

Anyway, my first question is: under the setup menu, then the
park/mount opiton submenu,
should there be an option for the Mach1 mount? I only see the old
400,600,900,1200
options. What should I key in? Does it even matter?

Thanks,

Robert Ham

Howard Hedlund

Hi Robert,

Set your keypad to either 900 or 1200. The servo system is the same for
all three mounts, the 900GTO, 1200GTO and Mach1GTO. The next firmware
version will include a setting for the Mach1GTO to keep people from
worrying, but its parameters will be the same as those of the bigger
mounts. Since a new firmware version is on the horizon, we didn't want
to create a new iteration of 4.12 just to add the Mach1 to the choice
list.

Mag. 7 skies!

Howard Hedlund

Astro-Physics, Inc.

815-282-1513

________________________________

I just received my new Mach1GTO(after a 6 year wait) three days ago and
because of work,
soccer and Little League games am just now starting to get it set up.
I'll first have to say that
the workmanship is really incredible. It is truely like a cross between
a handcrafted Swiss
watch and an Abrams M1 tank. It is solid yet exquisite. Cudos to you
Roland.

Anyway, my first question is: under the setup menu, then the park/mount
opiton submenu,
should there be an option for the Mach1 mount? I only see the old
400,600,900,1200
options. What should I key in? Does it even matter?

Thanks,

Robert Ham

observe_m13

Hi Howard,

How far away is the horizon? Just an approximation. Marj mentioned
that it was "real soon now" in mid January. I loaded up the Beta at
that point and have had no problems. I know that there are supposed to
be a new routine or two added but when will it Beta stage again?

Rick.