[ANN] PEMPro Version 2.0 Beta Available for Download

Richard A. Bennion

PEMPro Version 2.0 Beta is now available for download.

New features include:

- Polar Alignment Wizard
- Backlash Adjustment Wizard
- Native Webcam Support

http://www.ccdware.com/products/pemprobeta/

Robin Kerr

Polar alignment Sounds great! 2 questions:
1. With my polar scope on my AP mounts, I can get to within 5-10
arcmin of the pole already. How much closer will PemPro get me?
2. My scopes are not perfectly orthogonal, so drift align methods have
not helped me get closer to the pole. Does orthogonality affect the
function of PemPro 2.0 for polar alignment?

Thanks, Ruben

--- In ap-gto@..., "Richard A. Bennion" <rbennion@...>
wrote:

PEMPro Version 2.0 Beta is now available for download.

New features include:

- Polar Alignment Wizard
- Backlash Adjustment Wizard
- Native Webcam Support

http://www.ccdware.com/products/pemprobeta/

Ray Gralak <rgr@...>

Hi Ruben,

1. With my polar scope on my AP mounts, I can get to within 5-10
arcmin of the pole already. How much closer will PemPro get me?
You should be able to get much closer than that.

2. My scopes are not perfectly orthogonal, so drift align
methods have
not helped me get closer to the pole. Does orthogonality affect the
function of PemPro 2.0 for polar alignment?
Orthogonality errors should have very little effect.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

ayiomamitis

Ray,

Is it still the case that we must uninstall any existing version of
the software prior to loading this beta version?

Anthony.

--- In ap-gto@..., "Ray Gralak" <rgr@...> wrote:

Hi Ruben,

1. With my polar scope on my AP mounts, I can get to within 5-10
arcmin of the pole already. How much closer will PemPro get me?
You should be able to get much closer than that.

2. My scopes are not perfectly orthogonal, so drift align
methods have
not helped me get closer to the pole. Does orthogonality affect the
function of PemPro 2.0 for polar alignment?
Orthogonality errors should have very little effect.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

Ray Gralak <rgr@...>

Hi Anthony,

You do not need to uninstall either the AP or the Full version. V2 can coexist
with V1.

However, if you downloaded last night please download the installation again
because there was a bug in the original posted version (build 24) that prevented
the timeout from running initially. The V2 public beta will run until July 1,
2007.