Takahashi TOA-150 on AP 900GTO ?

N. Foldager

I want to attach my Takahashi TOA-150 refractor to my 900GTO.

I could purchase an appropriate dovetail and a Losmandy saddle.

However, the quick release is not important as this will be a
permanent setup.

Should I make a heavy aluminum base plate for the TAK rings and scrue
it directly on the 900GTO?

Can such a plate be purchased? (I cannot CNC machine it myself)

I imagine that such a plate will be even more rugged than a dovetail-
saddle system, but may be wrong. What do you think? Any experiences?

Any suggestion or comment is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Niels Foldager

Edd Weninger

AP makes several plates for the 900 with a variety of bolt patterns.
See their website. The AP rings for my AP155 bolt directly to the
plate. If you're lucky, the Tak rings might also. If they don't you
might only have to drill a few holes for the Tak bolt pattern.

Or see if AP rings will fit your Tak.

--- In ap-gto@..., "nfoldager" <nf@...> wrote:

I want to attach my Takahashi TOA-150 refractor to my 900GTO.

I could purchase an appropriate dovetail and a Losmandy saddle.

However, the quick release is not important as this will be a
permanent setup.

Should I make a heavy aluminum base plate for the TAK rings and
scrue
it directly on the 900GTO?

Can such a plate be purchased? (I cannot CNC machine it myself)

I imagine that such a plate will be even more rugged than a
dovetail-
saddle system, but may be wrong. What do you think? Any experiences?

Any suggestion or comment is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Niels Foldager

Joe Mize

Niels, if you do have a plate made one of the most critical aspects you'll have to remember is the "exact" alignment of the holes
for the attachment of both the mount and the OTA. You want to maintian orthanoglity. Choose a 'good' machinest...joe :)

I want to attach my Takahashi TOA-150 refractor to my 900GTO.

I could purchase an appropriate dovetail and a Losmandy saddle.

However, the quick release is not important as this will be a
permanent setup.

Should I make a heavy aluminum base plate for the TAK rings and scrue
it directly on the 900GTO?

Can such a plate be purchased? (I cannot CNC machine it myself)

I imagine that such a plate will be even more rugged than a dovetail-
saddle system, but may be wrong. What do you think? Any experiences?

Any suggestion or comment is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Niels Foldager

Yahoo! Groups Links

jjbadal2003

-Neils. I think the TOA150 is 179mm diamter, so 155 rings wont fit.
Parallax makes rings for TOA150. You could use those with the
terrific and well priced AP 15inch ribbed plate. I think Socalastro
makes a TOA150 ring also (or at least used to). Joe

-- In ap-gto@..., "nfoldager" <nf@...> wrote:

I want to attach my Takahashi TOA-150 refractor to my 900GTO.

I could purchase an appropriate dovetail and a Losmandy saddle.

However, the quick release is not important as this will be a
permanent setup.

Should I make a heavy aluminum base plate for the TAK rings and
scrue
it directly on the 900GTO?

Can such a plate be purchased? (I cannot CNC machine it myself)

I imagine that such a plate will be even more rugged than a
dovetail-
saddle system, but may be wrong. What do you think? Any
experiences?

Any suggestion or comment is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Niels Foldager

flyrcairplanes

Hello,
I posted this question a while ago so you might want to check for
those suggestions as well. I ended up getting the Parallax rings
specifically for the TOA 150 and attaching them directly to Losmandy
DAP5. I then have a TV60is riding on top. This all sits on the AP
Dove08. This works really well for me and I am imaging at the TOA
150's native focal length. FWIW.

Jeff