Safety Limits

Tom Davis

One thing that I love about my 1200GTO is that I can image far past
the meridian without having to do a meridian flip. I do have concern,
however, that I might go too far and some night strike my pier. Is
their a way to set a safety limit (past the meridian) so that if that
point is reached the mount stops, or flips, safely? I can't find this
is in the manual, only safety limit of 0-20 degrees before the meridian.

I have used the timer on PulseGuide but I was wondering if there was
another way.

Thanks,
Tom

Joe Zeglinski

Sure would be nice if software programs had a Table of DEC angles versus
Safety Limits. That way, we wouldn't have to worry about the scope or
equipment striking the pier. The software would know the current DEC and
adjust the safety limit dynamically using the table.

Just a thought.

Joe

One thing that I love about my 1200GTO is that I can image far past
the meridian without having to do a meridian flip. I do have concern,
however, that I might go too far and some night strike my pier. Is
their a way to set a safety limit (past the meridian) so that if that
point is reached the mount stops, or flips, safely? I can't find this
is in the manual, only safety limit of 0-20 degrees before the meridian.

I have used the timer on PulseGuide but I was wondering if there was
another way.

Thanks,
Tom

Yahoo! Groups Links

Roland Christen

In a message dated 4/16/2007 11:10:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
tvdavis@allidaho.com writes:

One thing that I love about my 1200GTO is that I can image far past
the meridian without having to do a meridian flip. I do have concern,
however, that I might go too far and some night strike my pier. Is
their a way to set a safety limit (past the meridian) so that if that
point is reached the mount stops, or flips, safely? I can't find this
is in the manual, only safety limit of 0-20 degrees before the meridian.
The mount has a clutch, so if you do not tighten the clutch to its maximum,
the axis will stop as the gear continues to rotate. If you have a lot of
unbalance in your scope, then of course you will need to tighten the clutches to
their maximum, and this will not allow them to slip should the mount encounter a
hard stop.

Rolando

See what's free at
http://www.aol.com.