From: flyrcairplanes
To: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 8:24 AM
Subject: [ap-gto] Follow Up on Attaching TOA 150 to AP900

Hello,
I own an new AP900 and am looking to add a TOA 150. Previous post were
talking about how to attach these two components and I was hoping
someone might offer some follow-up on how the system is working. I do
almost exclusively imaging so I really want a stable system. I would
need to have a TV 102 guidescope on top. Am I pushing the mount to far?

Jeff

flyrcairplanes

Thanks Herb,

Can you and others go through the setup starting at the top of the
mount. For instance does the Tak dovetail plate attach directly to
the top of the mount or does it use a saddle plate? What about AP
plates? Parralax rings are less expensive than the Tak tube rings.
Do they work fine? If people want to email me directly that would be
great as well.

Thanks

Jeff

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Herb York" <herb@...> wrote:

The 900 handles that fine.
Herb

I own an new AP900 and am looking to add a TOA 150. Previous post
were
talking about how to attach these two components and I was hoping
someone might offer some follow-up on how the system is working.
I do
almost exclusively imaging so I really want a stable system. I
would
need to have a TV 102 guidescope on top. Am I pushing the mount
to far?

Jeff

Ray York <york.ray@...>

There are a variety of options (as I am sure you will see) but if
Parallax rings are the preferred method, you would need the
DOVELM2:
http://www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?t=&pid=6011&m=

DAP5:
http://www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?t=&pid=1359&m=

and Parallax rings (drilled for a DAP):
http://www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?t=&pid=9820&m=

I would recommend going with the Tak plate:
http://www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?t=&pid=11366&m=

and the Tak rings:
http://www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?t=&pid=9817&m=

Due to the increased rigidity.

Ray York
Anacortes Telescope and Wild Bird
(800) 850-2001
http://www.BuyTelescopes.com

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "flyrcairplanes" <jeffabbyben@...>
wrote:

[...]

r1300rs

I would contact BT Technologies. I have the exact setup you
describe. TOA150 on a AP900GTO. They sell a Universal Saddle plate
for the AP900 and a dovetail plate to mount the TAK 150 clam-shell
rings on. Just slide A to B and you're up and running. I can give
you the part numbers but Brian is great.

Rick Kuntz MS, CCT
CEO
CETECH, INC
850-763-8383
cardiofuse@mac.com

N. Foldager

Ray York:

I would recommend going with the Tak plate:
http://www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?t=&pid=11366&m=

and the Tak rings:
http://www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?t=&pid=9817&m=
Is this a "permanent" fixation or some kind of dovetail?

Where to find pictures of this set-up?

Best regards,

Niels Foldager

brian_clever <brian_clever@...>

I wasn't going to chime in but then I saw the price of the Tak
tube holder :(

Another alternative, and I think slightly cheaper is

Robin Casady's dovetail saddle (bolted directly to mount head):

http://www.robincasady.com/Astro/dovetail.html

Then Losmandy Dovetail Plate Universal:

http://www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?pid=483

Then Parallax Rings (special order for TOA 150 bolted to dovetail):

http://www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?t=&pid=4547&m=

That takes care of the scope, now to mount the guide scope:

Another dovetail (shorter) (This bolts on to the top of the other
rings)

http://www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?t=&pid=4412&m=

Then another set of Parallax rings for the guide scope.

Hope this helps. This is the setup I have for my FSQ on my AP900.

Regards,
Brian C.

-
-- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "flyrcairplanes" <jeffabbyben@...> wrote:

Hello,
I own an new AP900 and am looking to add a TOA 150. Previous post
were
talking about how to attach these two components and I was hoping
someone might offer some follow-up on how the system is working. I
do
almost exclusively imaging so I really want a stable system. I
would
need to have a TV 102 guidescope on top. Am I pushing the mount to
far?

Jeff

flyrcairplanes

Thanks for that. I decided to go with a losmandy setup similar to
what you described. I have had great luck with Parallax and it was
less expensive so I am hoping this will work. I don't have the
Casady dovetail saddle but will be using my AP dovelm2. It is only
8.5" long and I honestly don't know if going to a 12" saddle would be
a better choice. Any thoughts about that? Noone chimed in when I
first posted to say I was crazy mounting a TOA 150 and TV 102 on a
AP900 so I am hopeful the mount can handle it.

Jeff
--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "brian_clever" <brian_clever@...>