Stuck keys

Peter Santangeli

I recently started using my AP900 here again after getting the DEC
upgrade done to it. Which is wonderful by the way - the test images
from pulseguide are great.

Unrelated, occasionally when I am trying to center a star (I notice
more at high speeds) it seems to me that the directional buttons get
"stuck". After lifting my finger, it keeps going in that direction.
Hitting the middle button stops it.

Has anyone seen this before? It's not a big problem, just a bit of an
annoyance.

Pete

Roland Christen

In a message dated 9/15/2006 7:16:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
peter@... writes:

occasionally when I am trying to center a star (I notice
more at high speeds) it seems to me that the directional buttons get
"stuck". After lifting my finger, it keeps going in that direction.
How long does it go in that direction? have you tried to see if it continues
to go? Check also to see if you have the keypad in the Encoder mode where it
shows the position of the RA and Dec coordinates as you slew. The encoder mode
continuously qeeries the mount for updated position, and it may be that the
"stop" signal from your button release gets delayed during this time. Try it
with the keypad in normal mode.

Roland Christen

Peter Santangeli

I'll check the next time - I've never actually let it run. I panic
and hit the stop key.

I've never used the encoder mode.

Pete