AP900GTO Manual

sreilly@...

I have requested a manual in advance to try to get myself familiar with
the mount before it's arrival, whenever that may be. I have no idea when
the production run will start but thought that reading and studying the
manual may help in advance. Astro Physics has advised me that the
manuals are only printed during a production run and are not available
at this time. Is it worth pursuing to try and find a copy or am I
wasting time and bandwidth? Will I be able to learn from the manual
without the mount? I have a friend that has a AP1200GTO mount, are the
manuals similar or are there some major differences between the two?
Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Steve

Rich N. <rnapo@...>

The 900GTO is an excellent mount, very smooth, very stable.
It's a simple mount to use, if you don't worry about the GOTO. ;-)

Yes, I'm attempting to be funny, but seriously, you can do a lot
of observing without ever using the GOTO feature.

I have a 900 GTO and the only time I've used the GOTO feature
was when Ray was so kind to help me use the GOTO to polar
align. I have since given up on that. I like the nice quiet non GOTO
mode of my manual star hopping.

Rich

I have requested a manual in advance to try to get myself familiar with
the mount before it's arrival, whenever that may be. I have no idea when
the production run will start but thought that reading and studying the
manual may help in advance. Astro Physics has advised me that the
manuals are only printed during a production run and are not available
at this time. Is it worth pursuing to try and find a copy or am I
wasting time and bandwidth? Will I be able to learn from the manual
without the mount? I have a friend that has a AP1200GTO mount, are the
manuals similar or are there some major differences between the two?
Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Steve

Law.com is the preeminent online destination for legal professionals.
Visit Law.com for exclusive content from American Lawyer Media, online
CLE Seminars, Practice Centers and Career Listings.
http://click.egroups.com/1/5803/7/_/3615/_/963160294/

Mark D'Ambrosio <markdambrosio@...>

--- In ap-gto@egroups.com, sreilly@c... wrote:> I have requested a manual in advance to try to get myself familiarwith> the mount before it's arrival, whenever that may be. I have no ideawhen> the production run will start but thought that reading and studyingthe> manual may help in advance. Astro Physics has advised me that the> manuals are only printed during a production run and are notavailable> at this time. Is it worth pursuing to try and find a copy or am I> wasting time and bandwidth? Will I be able to learn from the manual> without the mount? I have a friend that has a AP1200GTO mount, arethe> manuals similar or are there some major differences between the two?> Thanks for any help.> > Regards,> > Steve Hi Steve, Both mounts are pretty much identical.Only difference being, is that the 1200 is larger than the 900 mount. Assembly, and operation will be virtually the same.The assembly is a piece of cake. It's only the hand controlleroperation that you'll have to study a bit to get it's best use out inthe field. As I haven't recieved my 1200GTO yet, this same questionhas occured to me also. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come toit. :-) mark