New Guy

Chuck Hancock

Hey people-

Just testing the system. Haven't read all the Archives yet, but maybe I
will be caught up by May-to-July.
--
Best regards,
Chuck Hancock

c d h 5 9 at b e l l s o u t h d o t n e t

David A. Silva <dasilva@...>

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 20:44:50 -0500, Chuck Hancock wrote:

Just testing the system. Haven't read all the Archives yet, but maybe I
will be caught up by May-to-July.
Welcome Chuck - lot's of good stuff here and in the archives!

-David

Louis Mamakos

Hi, I'm yet another new guy.

I'm getting close to ordering a 900GTO mount (or at least getting the
waiting list to order, sigh). I had a question after I looked at the
price list (gasp!) on the A-P web site.

Given the Go-To capability of the mount, is there any point in adding
DSC encoders on the mount? I would think that they would only be
useful if you decided you wanted to move the mount by hand, rather
than using the drive motors to do so. I also get the impression that
using the GOTO capability is likely more precise than the resolution
of the DSC encoders that you'd install.

louie

Rich N. <rnapo@...>

Hi, I'm yet another new guy.

I'm getting close to ordering a 900GTO mount (or at least getting the
waiting list to order, sigh). I had a question after I looked at the
price list (gasp!) on the A-P web site.

Given the Go-To capability of the mount, is there any point in adding
DSC encoders on the mount? I would think that they would only be
useful if you decided you wanted to move the mount by hand, rather
than using the drive motors to do so. I also get the impression that
using the GOTO capability is likely more precise than the resolution
of the DSC encoders that you'd install.

louie

Hi Louie,

I think you are correct.

Rich

Paul Gustafson <drgus@...>

Given the Go-To capability of the mount, is there any point in adding
DSC encoders on the mount?
Nope. The GOTO is far more accurate than the encoders and DSC's.

Gus

Charles Sinsofsky <strfire@...>

There is no need to do that, the Goto system is infinatly more accurate then
any DSC could be. and besides adding them would be very costly for the 900
goto and provide no real extra functionality.

- Charles Sinsofsky

@Backup- Protect and Access your data any time, any where on the net.
Try @Backup FREE and recieve 300 points from mypoints.com Install now:
http://click.egroups.com/1/2345/2/_/3615/_/952917605/