From: Tim Khan
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2000 4:16 AM
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: 110V to 12V Converter

Terry

In Short, you wont damage you equipment at 14V.

I use two 32 AH Gel Cell batteries to power my 1200
Mount, ST-4, Dew Heaters, Dew gun, and Computer. When
the batteries are fully charged they sit right at 13.9
volts. The first thing I turn on is the mount, which
is getting the surface charge of the batteries. But as
soon as I load the batteries with the components the
voltage drops, the same should happen when you us the
12V convertor. I think more importantly, does your
convertor put out enough amperage to power all your
accessories. The AP mounts use 2 amps when slewing and
the ST-4 uses 0.5 amps mostly for cooling (if I
remembered correctly). Another question is how clean
is the power delivered, a good power converter has an
output that is almost straight line on a oscilloscope,
while the others display bumps or jagged lines.

I hope this helps,

Tim

--- tjohnson@... wrote:

> I have a 110V to 12V converter. The converter when
> setting idle puts
> out 14Volts. Is this a problem if I want to power my
> ST-4 and my 600GTO
> mount with the conveter?. Does the 600GTO mount and
> the ST-4 have
> voltage regulaters built in that will regulate the
> output of the 12V
> converter?
>
> Thanks...Terry Johnson

> Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere,
> anytime?
> You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to
> try it!  Sign
> up today at X.com.  It's quick, free, & there's no
> obligation!

> --
> http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ap-gto&m=1

http://im.yahoo.com