My mount won't power up!

howard lazarus <lazhow@...>

Hi Todd;
This has happened to me several times. If you have the 600 which I think you
do, this occurs due to how the computer box is placed on the tripod and the
position of the power cord.
You may note that the power cord located in the computer box is bent at a
sharp angle with the rest of the power cord going to your battery setup. The
solder points on that plug come inder stress and as a result the power
becomes at first on and off and then eventually off. I got a new power cord
at no expense from AP and wrapped the connect end that goes to the computer
box in black tape for support.

The second problem area is the contacts themselves IN the computer box. You
will note that the receiving inlet for the power plug is a fork shaped
contact...sometimes due to wear these contacts ccome closer together thus
making poor contact with the power cord.
Take a small head screw driver and slightly ever so slightly spead the fork
contact and then plug in your power cord. Roland is aware of this problem
and the solution is what I have given you.

Man , I sure hope this was of some help.......have not heard much from the
group and since my set up is in Florida and I am still in the process of
moving I sure miss the use of the GOTO and hope I do not forget how to use
it. BTW the Meade 10' although not tested came in perfect as far as a visual
inspection is concerned.

Regards
Howard Lazarus

Todd Gross wrote:

It has happened sporadically over the course of the past few months, but
this morning, I just couldn't get the keypad to power up! Any ideas?

thanks!
-Todd

Boston Meteorologist Todd Gross
toddg@weatherman.com