From: jose.mtanous <jmtanous@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Nov 24, 2020 11:04 am
Subject: [ap-gto] 2021 production plans for the 1600GTO?

Hi,

Next year I am planning to get a 150+ lbs class mount, my first option is a 1600GTO.

Are there any plans to produce a new 1600GTO batch in 2021?

Regards,

José

jose.mtanous

Good to hear that! Perfect timing to start saving!

Cheers,

José

Brian McFarland

Hello!

I just purchased a 1600 mount w/keypad from OPT the other day. Any forecast as to when they might start shipping?

Thanks very much,

Brian

Karen Christen

Hello Brian,

In order to be clear for all of our members, I’m going to correct your statement.  You have not purchased a 1600 mount (yet) from OPT, because OPT does not have one to sell you, and neither do they have one on order with us.  We highly discourage their practice of taking full-price deposits for products they don’t have on order.  I am truly sorry that they persist.

Our current 1600 mount run is in production now with the first mounts anticipated to ship near the end of this year.  When we begin notifications for this mount run, OPT – along with all of our dealers and customers on our notification list, in order of when they signed up – will have an opportunity to place an order and submit a 50% deposit.  Until then, we have not accepted nor will not accept any money or orders on the 1600 mounts.  We appreciate your patience and I hope this timeline fits with your plan.

Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Bill Long

Always suggest direct orders with A-P. I would much rather get smiley face emails from Daleen than to get charged improperly by OPT.

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Jack Huerkamp

Karen,

Earlier in the month, I asked if there was a waiting list for the quick release gearboxes for the AP1600 as my mount did not come with them and I wanted to convert to the new style when available.  Either George or Rolando said that the 1600s were in production and that extra quick release gearbox housings would be produced at that time.  If that is the case, how do I go about getting on a waiting list to get a pair for my mount?

Yours truly,

Jack

Jack Huerkamp

Jack's Astro Accessories, LLC

38388 Pine Street

Pearl River, LA 70452-5192

985-445-5063

mallincamusa@...

www.mallincamusa.com

30.37N  89.76W

All of us get lost in the darkness.
Dreamers learn to steer by the stars.

………………………………….Neil Peart

I just purchased a 1600 mount w/keypad from OPT the other day. Any forecast as to when they might start shipping?

Thanks very much,

Brian

--
Karen Christen

jimmyjujames

Always read reviews before purchases.

I had three 4-star quick delivery orders with OPT then a negative transaction with opt
They said they had the part in stock (not true), took my money and then ordered part.
Weeks later with no e-mail responses.  Somehow they would send my phone calls to a recording and then disconnect.
Filed a complaint with my debit card bank and they retrieved my money after a few months.

Jimmy
Birthdays are good.  The more you have the longer you live.

Karen Christen

Hello Jack,

We have not yet opened a notification list for the quick-release motor boxes.  When we do so we'll announce it here.  I'll also keep this email to remind me of your interest.
Karen
AP

We have not yet opened a notification list for the quick-release motor boxes.  When we do so we'll announce it here.  I'll also keep this email to remind me of your interest.

Karen

AP

I just purchased a 1600 mount w/keypad from OPT the other day. Any forecast as to when they might start shipping?

Thanks very much,

Brian

--
Karen Christen

Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Brian McFarland

Hello Karen,

Thank you for the reply! I have to admit I'm a little surprised at all this.  I've shopped with OPT for years and always had good experiences, and they are a solid supporter of our local astronomy club and our outreach efforts.  Now it sounds like I unknowingly provided them with an interest-free loan!

Having said all that I'm inclined to let it ride, at least for now. I can always get a refund from them if things look like they're going south.  The timeline you describe is fine (I'm not in a huge hurry), and in fact prior to my "loan to OPT", I signed up on your website for notification to be added to the waiting list (I think that's what it's called). At any rate, I look forward to receiving and installing it in my observatory in the near future.

Thank you again,

Brian McFarland

Peter Bresler

Does "next year" mean 2021 or 2022?

Brian McFarland

2021 according to earlier posts in this thread.

On 11/24/2020 Roland wrote: “Yes, we plan to make a new run of 1600 mounts next year.”

On 03/27/2021 Karen wrote: “Our current 1600 mount run is in production now with the first mounts anticipated to ship near the end of this year.”

Luke Leege

"Always suggest direct orders with A-P. I would much rather get smiley face emails from Daleen than to get charged improperly by OPT. "
ATWB and C7 are reputable dealers I would not hesitate to order from.

mjb87@...

Agreed.  I have had excellent interactions with Company 7 involving both mounts and telescopes. They have also provided me with very helpful technical advice over the years.

KHursh

CBO are straight shooters.

M Hambrick

To Jack Huerkamp

Great lyrics (The Pass) by one of the world's greatest drummers (Neil Peart) in one of the greatest bands of all time (Rush)

Mike

Jack Huerkamp

Mike,

Thanks and agreed on both counts.