1800 Slew Speed with Mach2GTO, CP5, V5 hand controller, APCC-PRO

Eric Weiner

At the risk of getting verbally abused here in case I missed it in the documentation...  Why doesn't APCC-PRO or the V5 hand controller show a slew speed 1800 option when connected to a 24V source?  In my case it's the AC/DC converter that same with the mount.  I have a Powerex inline meter which confirms the line voltage is ~24.3 VDC.  Nothing else is powered off that supply.  It is simply a matter that if the CP5 gets < 24 VDC that it defaults to 1600, and if > 24 VDC defaults to 1800 but shows 1600 on the controller?

I'm sending this in parallel on the V5 Group.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric,

I don’t know the answer, but will check with my staff.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics

11250 Forest Hills Road

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

www.astro-physics.com

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Eric Weiner
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 4:03 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] 1800 Slew Speed with Mach2GTO, CP5, V5 hand controller, APCC-PRO

At the risk of getting verbally abused here in case I missed it in the documentation...  Why doesn't APCC-PRO or the V5 hand controller show a slew speed 1800 option when connected to a 24V source?  In my case it's the AC/DC converter that same with the mount.  I have a Powerex inline meter which confirms the line voltage is ~24.3 VDC.  Nothing else is powered off that supply.  It is simply a matter that if the CP5 gets < 24 VDC that it defaults to 1600, and if > 24 VDC defaults to 1800 but shows 1600 on the controller?

I'm sending this in parallel on the V5 Group.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Weiner

Marj,

I really should proof read what I type before I hit send.  Atrocious.  

This is likely just my misunderstanding of how the slew rates work.  There is a Slew Rate setting in both APCC and the Hand controller which allows a setting of 1800, but the button rates for both are limited to 1200 (not 1600, that was my mistake in the first message).  So the more correct question is why is the button rate limited to 1200?

Sorry about the terrible typing and presentation of my first question.

v/r
Eric

Eric,

18-24V will give you 1800x

12-17V will give you 1200x

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics

11250 Forest Hills Road

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

www.astro-physics.com

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Eric Weiner
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 7:00 PM
To: Reply To Group <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] 1800 Slew Speed with Mach2GTO, CP5, V5 hand controller, APCC-PRO

Marj,

This is likely just my misunderstanding of how the slew rates work.  There is a Slew Rate setting in both APCC and the Hand controller which allows a setting of 1800, but the button rates for both are limited to 1200 (not 1600, that was my mistake in the first message).  So the more correct question is why is the button rate limited to 1200?

v/r

Eric

Roland Christen

So the more correct question is why is the button rate limited to 1200?
Many people have a slow eye-hand response time, so slewing around with the buttons can cause a crash at high rates.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: Reply To Group <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Jul 13, 2021 6:59 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] 1800 Slew Speed with Mach2GTO, CP5, V5 hand controller, APCC-PRO

Marj,

v/r
Eric

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics