From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Bresler via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 11:31 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] 1200 return to Park 5 with CWs up

My 1200 keeps returning to Park 5 with the CWs up. I reset the location time, which appears to be correct.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub6xv4x3gvyni79/ApccZip-Peter_Bresler-2021-10-16-112232.zip?dl=0

Peter

Peter Bresler

The mount has been going to Park 5 with CWs about 15° up after a session is finished. I had to install software on a different control computer. Formerly it returned to the perfectly horizontal park 5 position after a session.

Peter

Erkaslan Aygen

Dear Peter,

Did you finally manage to find a solution to your Park problem ? Just asking since I had exactly the same "strange" behavior yesterday.

Cheers,
Aygen

Ray Gralak

Peter,

It sounds like the clock time on one of the devices (computers, hand controller, etc.) you are using may be off by 1 hour, which translates to 15 degrees in movement. You should double-check settings for latitude, longitude, time zone, and time on all devices you are using. To reduce the possibility of events like this, always let APCC initialize and park the mount.

-Ray

The mount has been going to Park 5 with CWs about 15° up after a session is finished. I had to install
software on a different control computer. Formerly it returned to the perfectly horizontal park 5 position after a
session.

Peter

Ray Gralak

Aygen,

What I posted to Peter applies to your setup as well. Make sure computer time, time zone, latitude, and longitude are all set correctly, and always let APCC initialize the mount (as opposed to the mount's hand controller).

A common reason for the 15-degree offset is that the mount's hand controller is left plugged in and set up to initialize the mount. That might be okay, except when the hand controller's time zone is offset by one hour because of the change in daylight savings time. If that's the case, the hand controller's time zone offset will be correct again when Daylight Savings Time ends at the end of this month.

-Ray