Date   

Re: 1200 return to Park 5 with CWs up

Ray Gralak
 

I don't usually use the hand controller, but it should be obvious how to set the time if you can get into the hand controller's settings menu.

However, if APCC initialized the mount then the hand controller didn't, so that's okay. The only potential problem would be if the hand controller's time was incorrect and you tried parking the mount with the hand controller instead of APCC.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Bresler via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2021 7:49 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] 1200 return to Park 5 with CWs up

Yes the hand controller is plugged in. The initialize window opens when APCC connects. How do I correct the
time in the hand controller? Seems like it was ok before switching computers.


Re: 1200 return to Park 5 with CWs up

Peter Bresler
 

Yes the hand controller is plugged in. The initialize window opens when APCC connects. How do I correct the time in the hand controller? Seems like it was ok before switching computers.


Re: 1200 return to Park 5 with CWs up

Ray Gralak
 

Aygen,

What I posted to Peter applies to your setup as well. Make sure computer time, time zone, latitude, and longitude are all set correctly, and always let APCC initialize the mount (as opposed to the mount's hand controller).

A common reason for the 15-degree offset is that the mount's hand controller is left plugged in and set up to initialize the mount. That might be okay, except when the hand controller's time zone is offset by one hour because of the change in daylight savings time. If that's the case, the hand controller's time zone offset will be correct again when Daylight Savings Time ends at the end of this month.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2021 12:23 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] 1200 return to Park 5 with CWs up

Dear Peter,

Did you finally manage to find a solution to your Park problem ? Just asking since I had exactly the same
"strange" behavior yesterday.

Cheers,
Aygen


Re: VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

Erkaslan Aygen
 

Dear Ray,

Thank you, I will do it right away. 

I wish you an excellent start into the new week.

My best regards,
Aygen

Le dim. 17 oct. 2021 à 16:11, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :
Aygen,

If you are using a desktop computer, I suggest you get a good serial-port add-in card and use that instead of USB as the backup port (and maybe consider it as the primary connection).

Although the USB protocol is usually fine, many computers do not implement the hardware and/or drivers in the best way. Reliability can depend on other USB devices that are connected. Also, USB cables have very restrictive cable length requirements compared to serial port cables.

-Ray

> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen
> Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2021 1:24 AM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"
>
> Thank you, Ray, for your great support.
>
> I am currently reviewing my network in detail to see whether there is something to improve from my side.
>
> As of now, my mount is connected via TCP LAN + a backup port (USB). Regarding this latter, isn't it a "safe"
> way especially (let's assume) in case the network is not really "robust" ?
>
> Regards,
> Aygen
>
> Le dim. 17 oct. 2021 à 02:00, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :
>
>
>       > Mmmh, seems are getting a bit complicated I must admit. And now, when parking to position 5, the
> CW are
>       > getting quite high !!!! What's happening ? Is is related to the "decimal" point that I changed :( ?
>
>       Yes, probably. Try parking to Park 3 which should place the counterweight shaft pointing to the ground.
> If it is not, then manually adjust the mount so that it is in the Park 3 position.
>
>       Also, I noticed a lot of failed network responses in your logs. Maybe the mount was powered off, but if
> not, it could be connection to the mount is not very solid.
>
>       -Ray
>
>       > -----Original Message-----
>       > From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen
>       > Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 3:43 PM
>       > To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
>       > Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been
> received!"
>       >
>       > Hi Ray,
>       >
>       > Mmmh, seems are getting a bit complicated I must admit. And now, when parking to position 5, the
> CW are
>       > getting quite high !!!! What's happening ? Is is related to the "decimal" point that I changed :( ?
>       >
>       > I apply your suggestions and let you know asap.
>       >
>       > Regards,
>       > Aygen
>       >
>       > Le dim. 17 oct. 2021 à 00:18, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :
>       >
>       >
>       >       Hi Aygen,
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >       I'm going to assume that all of your astronomy applications are now using "." instead of a
> comma as a
>       > decimal point. If that is not the case, then you may need to change settings in those applications.
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >       However, if all apps are using "." as a decimal point, then it could be a bad RECAL. APCC has
>       > protection against bad plate solves or syncing on the wrong star in a planetarium program. But, if you
> are sure
>       > that telescope pointing is off by 13.651 degrees, you can disable the setting "Prevent errant RECALs"
> in
>       > APCC's advanced settings (see screenshot below). Make sure to enable it again after you have
> completed the
>       > RECAL.
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >       -Ray
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >       > -----Original Message-----
>       >
>       >       > From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen
>       >
>       >       > Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 2:59 PM
>       >
>       >       > To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
>       >
>       >       > Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been
>       > received!"
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       > Good evening Ray,
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       > Thank you so much for your kind support, much appreciated. I did change the setting and it
> seems to
>       > be
>       >
>       >       > working now.
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       > However, another message occurred :(
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       > *       VPort 3 : Recal failed because it is too far (13.651 > 5 000 degrees) from current RA/Dec !
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       > I am honestly lost ! Don't know what's happening all of a sudden.
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       > Link to the log if needed : https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmfnj50px7c1zhv/ApccZip-
>       > AYGEN_ERKASLAN-2021-
>       >
>       >       > 10-16-235257.zip?dl=0
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       > Best regards,
>       >
>       >       > Aygen
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       > Le sam. 16 oct. 2021 à 23:10, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       >          Hi Aygen ,
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       >          I just got a chance to review your logs. The problem is the AP V2 ASCOM driver is trying
> to use
>       > a
>       >
>       >       > comma as a decimal point, which is producing invalid coordinates in some cases. I am not sure
> why
>       > this is
>       >
>       >       > just starting to happen, but you may need to adjust your Windows regional settings to use "."
> as a
>       > decimal
>       >
>       >       > point.
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       >          -Ray
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       >          > -----Original Message-----
>       >
>       >       >          > From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan
> Aygen
>       >
>       >       >          > Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 8:05 AM
>       >
>       >       >          > To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
>       >
>       >       >          > Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has
> not
>       > been
>       >
>       >       > received!"
>       >
>       >       >          >
>       >
>       >       >          > Dear Ray,
>       >
>       >       >          >
>       >
>       >       >          > Thank you very much for your quick reply. Below is link to access the files.
>       >
>       >       >          >
>       >
>       >       >          > https://www.dropbox.com/s/lo9lxj6ggq9p6zo/AscomZip-Aygen-2021-10-16-
> 165729.zip?dl=0
>       >
>       >       >          >
>       >
>       >       >          > In the meantime, I did follow one of your recommendation to delete the ap.ini files and
> re-do
>       > the
>       >
>       >       > config "now"
>       >
>       >       >          > of the AP Driver.
>       >
>       >       >          >
>       >
>       >       >          > Regards,
>       >
>       >       >          > Aygen
>       >
>       >       >          >
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>







Re: VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

Ray Gralak
 

Aygen,

If you are using a desktop computer, I suggest you get a good serial-port add-in card and use that instead of USB as the backup port (and maybe consider it as the primary connection).

Although the USB protocol is usually fine, many computers do not implement the hardware and/or drivers in the best way. Reliability can depend on other USB devices that are connected. Also, USB cables have very restrictive cable length requirements compared to serial port cables.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2021 1:24 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

Thank you, Ray, for your great support.

I am currently reviewing my network in detail to see whether there is something to improve from my side.

As of now, my mount is connected via TCP LAN + a backup port (USB). Regarding this latter, isn't it a "safe"
way especially (let's assume) in case the network is not really "robust" ?

Regards,
Aygen

Le dim. 17 oct. 2021 à 02:00, Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com> a écrit :


> Mmmh, seems are getting a bit complicated I must admit. And now, when parking to position 5, the
CW are
> getting quite high !!!! What's happening ? Is is related to the "decimal" point that I changed :( ?

Yes, probably. Try parking to Park 3 which should place the counterweight shaft pointing to the ground.
If it is not, then manually adjust the mount so that it is in the Park 3 position.

Also, I noticed a lot of failed network responses in your logs. Maybe the mount was powered off, but if
not, it could be connection to the mount is not very solid.

-Ray

> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen
> Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 3:43 PM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been
received!"
>
> Hi Ray,
>
> Mmmh, seems are getting a bit complicated I must admit. And now, when parking to position 5, the
CW are
> getting quite high !!!! What's happening ? Is is related to the "decimal" point that I changed :( ?
>
> I apply your suggestions and let you know asap.
>
> Regards,
> Aygen
>
> Le dim. 17 oct. 2021 à 00:18, Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com> a écrit :
>
>
> Hi Aygen,
>
>
>
> I'm going to assume that all of your astronomy applications are now using "." instead of a
comma as a
> decimal point. If that is not the case, then you may need to change settings in those applications.
>
>
>
> However, if all apps are using "." as a decimal point, then it could be a bad RECAL. APCC has
> protection against bad plate solves or syncing on the wrong star in a planetarium program. But, if you
are sure
> that telescope pointing is off by 13.651 degrees, you can disable the setting "Prevent errant RECALs"
in
> APCC's advanced settings (see screenshot below). Make sure to enable it again after you have
completed the
> RECAL.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> -Ray
>
>
>
> > -----Original Message-----
>
> > From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen
>
> > Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 2:59 PM
>
> > To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
>
> > Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been
> received!"
>
> >
>
> > Good evening Ray,
>
> >
>
> > Thank you so much for your kind support, much appreciated. I did change the setting and it
seems to
> be
>
> > working now.
>
> >
>
> > However, another message occurred :(
>
> >
>
> > * VPort 3 : Recal failed because it is too far (13.651 > 5 000 degrees) from current RA/Dec !
>
> >
>
> > I am honestly lost ! Don't know what's happening all of a sudden.
>
> >
>
> > Link to the log if needed : https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmfnj50px7c1zhv/ApccZip-
> AYGEN_ERKASLAN-2021-
>
> > 10-16-235257.zip?dl=0
>
> >
>
> > Best regards,
>
> > Aygen
>
> >
>
> > Le sam. 16 oct. 2021 à 23:10, Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com> a écrit :
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Hi Aygen ,
>
> >
>
> > I just got a chance to review your logs. The problem is the AP V2 ASCOM driver is trying
to use
> a
>
> > comma as a decimal point, which is producing invalid coordinates in some cases. I am not sure
why
> this is
>
> > just starting to happen, but you may need to adjust your Windows regional settings to use "."
as a
> decimal
>
> > point.
>
> >
>
> > -Ray
>
> >
>
> > > -----Original Message-----
>
> > > From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan
Aygen
>
> > > Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 8:05 AM
>
> > > To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
>
> > > Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has
not
> been
>
> > received!"
>
> > >
>
> > > Dear Ray,
>
> > >
>
> > > Thank you very much for your quick reply. Below is link to access the files.
>
> > >
>
> > > https://www.dropbox.com/s/lo9lxj6ggq9p6zo/AscomZip-Aygen-2021-10-16-
165729.zip?dl=0
>
> > >
>
> > > In the meantime, I did follow one of your recommendation to delete the ap.ini files and
re-do
> the
>
> > config "now"
>
> > > of the AP Driver.
>
> > >
>
> > > Regards,
>
> > > Aygen
>
> > >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>









Re: 1200 return to Park 5 with CWs up

Ray Gralak
 

Peter,

It sounds like the clock time on one of the devices (computers, hand controller, etc.) you are using may be off by 1 hour, which translates to 15 degrees in movement. You should double-check settings for latitude, longitude, time zone, and time on all devices you are using. To reduce the possibility of events like this, always let APCC initialize and park the mount.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Bresler via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 10:51 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] 1200 return to Park 5 with CWs up

The mount has been going to Park 5 with CWs about 15° up after a session is finished. I had to install
software on a different control computer. Formerly it returned to the perfectly horizontal park 5 position after a
session.

Peter


GTOCP3 Revision V1 vs V - custom tracking rates question

R Botero
 

The revision log for the GTOCP3 states that for V2:
Version V1 • Increased the range of the custom tracking rates from 99x to 999x. NOTE: Implemented in ASCOM V2 Driver v.5.10.00 and APCC v.1.6.0.0.
I have a CP3 with a V chip.  Do I need to upgrade to the latest V2 chip to be able to track at increased speeds or will my V chip be able to cope if my ASCOM driver and APPC (Pro) are up to the latest version?
Thank you

Roberto


Re: VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

Erkaslan Aygen
 

Thank you, Ray, for your great support. 

I am currently reviewing my network in detail to see whether there is something to improve from my side.

As of now, my mount is connected via TCP LAN + a backup port (USB). Regarding this latter, isn't it a "safe" way especially (let's assume) in case the network is not really "robust" ? 

Regards,
Aygen

Le dim. 17 oct. 2021 à 02:00, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :
> Mmmh, seems are getting a bit complicated I must admit. And now, when parking to position 5, the CW are
> getting quite high !!!! What's happening ? Is is related to the "decimal" point that I changed :( ?

Yes, probably. Try parking to Park 3 which should place the counterweight shaft pointing to the ground. If it is not, then manually adjust the mount so that it is in the Park 3 position.

Also, I noticed a lot of failed network responses in your logs. Maybe the mount was powered off, but if not, it could be connection to the mount is not very solid.

-Ray

> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen
> Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 3:43 PM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"
>
> Hi Ray,
>
> Mmmh, seems are getting a bit complicated I must admit. And now, when parking to position 5, the CW are
> getting quite high !!!! What's happening ? Is is related to the "decimal" point that I changed :( ?
>
> I apply your suggestions and let you know asap.
>
> Regards,
> Aygen
>
> Le dim. 17 oct. 2021 à 00:18, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :
>
>
>       Hi Aygen,
>
>
>
>       I'm going to assume that all of your astronomy applications are now using "." instead of a comma as a
> decimal point. If that is not the case, then you may need to change settings in those applications.
>
>
>
>       However, if all apps are using "." as a decimal point, then it could be a bad RECAL. APCC has
> protection against bad plate solves or syncing on the wrong star in a planetarium program. But, if you are sure
> that telescope pointing is off by 13.651 degrees, you can disable the setting "Prevent errant RECALs" in
> APCC's advanced settings (see screenshot below). Make sure to enable it again after you have completed the
> RECAL.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>       -Ray
>
>
>
>       > -----Original Message-----
>
>       > From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen
>
>       > Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 2:59 PM
>
>       > To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
>
>       > Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been
> received!"
>
>       >
>
>       > Good evening Ray,
>
>       >
>
>       > Thank you so much for your kind support, much appreciated. I did change the setting and it seems to
> be
>
>       > working now.
>
>       >
>
>       > However, another message occurred :(
>
>       >
>
>       > *       VPort 3 : Recal failed because it is too far (13.651 > 5 000 degrees) from current RA/Dec !
>
>       >
>
>       > I am honestly lost ! Don't know what's happening all of a sudden.
>
>       >
>
>       > Link to the log if needed : https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmfnj50px7c1zhv/ApccZip-
> AYGEN_ERKASLAN-2021-
>
>       > 10-16-235257.zip?dl=0
>
>       >
>
>       > Best regards,
>
>       > Aygen
>
>       >
>
>       > Le sam. 16 oct. 2021 à 23:10, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :
>
>       >
>
>       >
>
>       >          Hi Aygen ,
>
>       >
>
>       >          I just got a chance to review your logs. The problem is the AP V2 ASCOM driver is trying to use
> a
>
>       > comma as a decimal point, which is producing invalid coordinates in some cases. I am not sure why
> this is
>
>       > just starting to happen, but you may need to adjust your Windows regional settings to use "." as a
> decimal
>
>       > point.
>
>       >
>
>       >          -Ray
>
>       >
>
>       >          > -----Original Message-----
>
>       >          > From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen
>
>       >          > Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 8:05 AM
>
>       >          > To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
>
>       >          > Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not
> been
>
>       > received!"
>
>       >          >
>
>       >          > Dear Ray,
>
>       >          >
>
>       >          > Thank you very much for your quick reply. Below is link to access the files.
>
>       >          >
>
>       >          > https://www.dropbox.com/s/lo9lxj6ggq9p6zo/AscomZip-Aygen-2021-10-16-165729.zip?dl=0
>
>       >          >
>
>       >          > In the meantime, I did follow one of your recommendation to delete the ap.ini files and re-do
> the
>
>       > config "now"
>
>       >          > of the AP Driver.
>
>       >          >
>
>       >          > Regards,
>
>       >          > Aygen
>
>       >          >
>
>       >
>
>       >
>
>       >
>
>       >
>
>       >
>
>       >
>
>       >
>
>       >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>







Re: 1200 return to Park 5 with CWs up

Erkaslan Aygen
 

Dear Peter,

Did you finally manage to find a solution to your Park problem ? Just asking since I had exactly the same "strange" behavior yesterday.

Cheers,
Aygen


Re: WoW! Another APOD for Ignacio

Nick Iversen
 

Apparently, there are galaxies in the centre part of the Helix. Can someone point them out to me?


Re: 1200 return to Park 5 with CWs up

Peter Bresler
 

The mount has been going to Park 5 with CWs about 15° up after a session is finished. I had to install software on a different control computer. Formerly it returned to the perfectly horizontal park 5 position after a session.

Peter


Re: Setting up NINA

DFisch
 

Best response of the year “ How’s the weather in Nepal these days?”, kinder and more humorous! 

On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 14:11 Dale Ghent <daleg@...> wrote:

Hi Bruce,

How is the weather in Nepal these days? ;)

In NINA, a north latitude is positive and a west longitude is negative. You note a lat/long of "28.688/81.49" in your message, which would put you at a very picturesque yet pretty remote corner of Nepal, not perhaps a more likely location of southern California.

/dale

> On Oct 16, 2021, at 13:43, Bruce Donzanti <donza2735@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks Linwood.
>
> I went down your checklist of items and was testing during the day.  It is still not slewing to the correct coordinates that I enter.  Also, the Sky Atlas is showing the correct coordinates as expected but the transit time for an object is way off, still indicating the mount thinks it is elsewhere.  It will return correctly to park 4.  So, I am still at a loss what else to check.  Lat/long (28.688/81.49) are correct; the "Do not sync" is off; in the AP ASCOM v2 driver v5.30.10 lat and long are correct.  However, when I click Get Lat/Long from Mount, the Long direction flips from W to E. 
>
> I am not sure what else to sync or check but I am obviously something very basic.
>
> Bruce
>






--
TJF MOBILE


Re: VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

Ray Gralak
 

Mmmh, seems are getting a bit complicated I must admit. And now, when parking to position 5, the CW are
getting quite high !!!! What's happening ? Is is related to the "decimal" point that I changed :( ?
Yes, probably. Try parking to Park 3 which should place the counterweight shaft pointing to the ground. If it is not, then manually adjust the mount so that it is in the Park 3 position.

Also, I noticed a lot of failed network responses in your logs. Maybe the mount was powered off, but if not, it could be connection to the mount is not very solid.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 3:43 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

Hi Ray,

Mmmh, seems are getting a bit complicated I must admit. And now, when parking to position 5, the CW are
getting quite high !!!! What's happening ? Is is related to the "decimal" point that I changed :( ?

I apply your suggestions and let you know asap.

Regards,
Aygen

Le dim. 17 oct. 2021 à 00:18, Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com> a écrit :


Hi Aygen,



I'm going to assume that all of your astronomy applications are now using "." instead of a comma as a
decimal point. If that is not the case, then you may need to change settings in those applications.



However, if all apps are using "." as a decimal point, then it could be a bad RECAL. APCC has
protection against bad plate solves or syncing on the wrong star in a planetarium program. But, if you are sure
that telescope pointing is off by 13.651 degrees, you can disable the setting "Prevent errant RECALs" in
APCC's advanced settings (see screenshot below). Make sure to enable it again after you have completed the
RECAL.









-Ray



> -----Original Message-----

> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen

> Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 2:59 PM

> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been
received!"

>

> Good evening Ray,

>

> Thank you so much for your kind support, much appreciated. I did change the setting and it seems to
be

> working now.

>

> However, another message occurred :(

>

> * VPort 3 : Recal failed because it is too far (13.651 > 5 000 degrees) from current RA/Dec !

>

> I am honestly lost ! Don't know what's happening all of a sudden.

>

> Link to the log if needed : https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmfnj50px7c1zhv/ApccZip-
AYGEN_ERKASLAN-2021-

> 10-16-235257.zip?dl=0

>

> Best regards,

> Aygen

>

> Le sam. 16 oct. 2021 à 23:10, Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com> a écrit :

>

>

> Hi Aygen ,

>

> I just got a chance to review your logs. The problem is the AP V2 ASCOM driver is trying to use
a

> comma as a decimal point, which is producing invalid coordinates in some cases. I am not sure why
this is

> just starting to happen, but you may need to adjust your Windows regional settings to use "." as a
decimal

> point.

>

> -Ray

>

> > -----Original Message-----

> > From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen

> > Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 8:05 AM

> > To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

> > Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not
been

> received!"

> >

> > Dear Ray,

> >

> > Thank you very much for your quick reply. Below is link to access the files.

> >

> > https://www.dropbox.com/s/lo9lxj6ggq9p6zo/AscomZip-Aygen-2021-10-16-165729.zip?dl=0

> >

> > In the meantime, I did follow one of your recommendation to delete the ap.ini files and re-do
the

> config "now"

> > of the AP Driver.

> >

> > Regards,

> > Aygen

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>








Re: IC 1805, Heart Nebula | Mach1 GTO3 | Takahashi ε-180ED

Don Anderson
 

Very well done! Gives the rest of us city imagers with severe light pollution something to strive for!
Don


Re: VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

Erkaslan Aygen
 

Hi Ray,

Mmmh, seems are getting a bit complicated I must admit. And now, when parking to position 5, the CW are getting quite high !!!! What's happening ? Is is related to the "decimal" point that I changed :( ?

I apply your suggestions and let you know asap.

Regards,
Aygen

Le dim. 17 oct. 2021 à 00:18, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :

Hi Aygen,

 

I'm going to assume that all of your astronomy applications are now using "." instead of a comma as a decimal point. If that is not the case, then you may need to change settings in those applications.

 

However, if all apps are using "." as a decimal point, then it could be a bad RECAL. APCC has protection against bad plate solves or syncing on the wrong star in a planetarium program. But, if you are sure that telescope pointing is off by 13.651 degrees, you can disable the setting "Prevent errant RECALs" in APCC's advanced settings (see screenshot below). Make sure to enable it again after you have completed the RECAL.

 

 

 

-Ray

 

> -----Original Message-----

> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen

> Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 2:59 PM

> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

>

> Good evening Ray,

>

> Thank you so much for your kind support, much appreciated. I did change the setting and it seems to be

> working now.

>

> However, another message occurred :(

>

> *       VPort 3 : Recal failed because it is too far (13.651 > 5 000 degrees) from current RA/Dec !

>

> I am honestly lost ! Don't know what's happening all of a sudden.

>

> Link to the log if needed : https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmfnj50px7c1zhv/ApccZip-AYGEN_ERKASLAN-2021-

> 10-16-235257.zip?dl=0

>

> Best regards,

> Aygen

>

> Le sam. 16 oct. 2021 à 23:10, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :

>

>

>          Hi Aygen ,

>

>          I just got a chance to review your logs. The problem is the AP V2 ASCOM driver is trying to use a

> comma as a decimal point, which is producing invalid coordinates in some cases. I am not sure why this is

> just starting to happen, but you may need to adjust your Windows regional settings to use "." as a decimal

> point.

>

>          -Ray

>

>          > -----Original Message-----

>          > From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen

>          > Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 8:05 AM

>          > To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

>          > Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been

> received!"

>          >

>          > Dear Ray,

>          >

>          > Thank you very much for your quick reply. Below is link to access the files.

>          >

>          > https://www.dropbox.com/s/lo9lxj6ggq9p6zo/AscomZip-Aygen-2021-10-16-165729.zip?dl=0

>          >

>          > In the meantime, I did follow one of your recommendation to delete the ap.ini files and re-do the

> config "now"

>          > of the AP Driver.

>          >

>          > Regards,

>          > Aygen

>          >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>


Re: VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

Ray Gralak
 

Hi Aygen,

 

I'm going to assume that all of your astronomy applications are now using "." instead of a comma as a decimal point. If that is not the case, then you may need to change settings in those applications.

 

However, if all apps are using "." as a decimal point, then it could be a bad RECAL. APCC has protection against bad plate solves or syncing on the wrong star in a planetarium program. But, if you are sure that telescope pointing is off by 13.651 degrees, you can disable the setting "Prevent errant RECALs" in APCC's advanced settings (see screenshot below). Make sure to enable it again after you have completed the RECAL.

 

 

 

-Ray

 

> -----Original Message-----

> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen

> Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 2:59 PM

> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

>

> Good evening Ray,

>

> Thank you so much for your kind support, much appreciated. I did change the setting and it seems to be

> working now.

>

> However, another message occurred :(

>

> *       VPort 3 : Recal failed because it is too far (13.651 > 5 000 degrees) from current RA/Dec !

>

> I am honestly lost ! Don't know what's happening all of a sudden.

>

> Link to the log if needed : https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmfnj50px7c1zhv/ApccZip-AYGEN_ERKASLAN-2021-

> 10-16-235257.zip?dl=0

>

> Best regards,

> Aygen

>

> Le sam. 16 oct. 2021 à 23:10, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :

>

>

>          Hi Aygen ,

>

>          I just got a chance to review your logs. The problem is the AP V2 ASCOM driver is trying to use a

> comma as a decimal point, which is producing invalid coordinates in some cases. I am not sure why this is

> just starting to happen, but you may need to adjust your Windows regional settings to use "." as a decimal

> point.

>

>          -Ray

>

>          > -----Original Message-----

>          > From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen

>          > Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 8:05 AM

>          > To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

>          > Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been

> received!"

>          >

>          > Dear Ray,

>          >

>          > Thank you very much for your quick reply. Below is link to access the files.

>          >

>          > https://www.dropbox.com/s/lo9lxj6ggq9p6zo/AscomZip-Aygen-2021-10-16-165729.zip?dl=0

>          >

>          > In the meantime, I did follow one of your recommendation to delete the ap.ini files and re-do the

> config "now"

>          > of the AP Driver.

>          >

>          > Regards,

>          > Aygen

>          >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>


Re: VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

Erkaslan Aygen
 

Good evening Ray,

Thank you so much for your kind support, much appreciated. I did change the setting and it seems to be working now. 

However, another message occurred :(
  • VPort 3 : Recal failed because it is too far (13.651 > 5 000 degrees) from current RA/Dec
I am honestly lost ! Don't know what's happening all of a sudden. 


Best regards,
Aygen

Le sam. 16 oct. 2021 à 23:10, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :
Hi Aygen ,

I just got a chance to review your logs. The problem is the AP V2 ASCOM driver is trying to use a comma as a decimal point, which is producing invalid coordinates in some cases. I am not sure why this is just starting to happen, but you may need to adjust your Windows regional settings to use "." as a decimal point.

-Ray

> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen
> Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 8:05 AM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"
>
> Dear Ray,
>
> Thank you very much for your quick reply. Below is link to access the files.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/lo9lxj6ggq9p6zo/AscomZip-Aygen-2021-10-16-165729.zip?dl=0
>
> In the meantime, I did follow one of your recommendation to delete the ap.ini files and re-do the config "now"
> of the AP Driver.
>
> Regards,
> Aygen
>







Re: 1200 return to Park 5 with CWs up

Ray Gralak
 

Hi Peter,

Park 5 should have the shaft relatively horizontal. So when you say that the "CW's up", do you mean that the CW shaft just slightly off from being horizontal, or do you mean the mount tries to slew the scope underneath the mount?

If it's the former, that's typically okay as that can be caused by a Synch/Recal, or the pointing model changing the RA offset slightly.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Bresler via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 11:31 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] 1200 return to Park 5 with CWs up

My 1200 keeps returning to Park 5 with the CWs up. I reset the location time, which appears to be correct.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub6xv4x3gvyni79/ApccZip-Peter_Bresler-2021-10-16-112232.zip?dl=0

Peter


Re: VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

Ray Gralak
 

Hi Aygen ,

I just got a chance to review your logs. The problem is the AP V2 ASCOM driver is trying to use a comma as a decimal point, which is producing invalid coordinates in some cases. I am not sure why this is just starting to happen, but you may need to adjust your Windows regional settings to use "." as a decimal point.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 8:05 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

Dear Ray,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Below is link to access the files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lo9lxj6ggq9p6zo/AscomZip-Aygen-2021-10-16-165729.zip?dl=0

In the meantime, I did follow one of your recommendation to delete the ap.ini files and re-do the config "now"
of the AP Driver.

Regards,
Aygen


Re: Is my LT2APM or 119FSA Miss-Drilled?

Mark Lamb
 


Here is a look from the bottom:

4061 - 4080 of 86336