Re: First night out with the 1100-AE

Stuart

Wow!! Nice test shot! Great that your 1100-AE worked so well!

On Sun, 27 Nov 2022 at 17:08, Ken Sablinsky <kensablinsky@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I wanted to share how my first night out with my new 1100-AE went.  I meant to just do this as a test to see how well the tracking performed, but it was working so well I let it go for about 5 hours of exposure.  113x 180 second shots of the Spider Nebula and surrounding field with the Stowaway and an IMX410 color camera.

https://www.astrobin.com/542tg4/

I had attached my guide scope to try a guided run, but silly me didn't realize how unnecessary that ended up being.  Aligned with RAPAS (not even calibrated yet), then a quick 50 point dec arc model was all that was needed.  Only had to throw away a few frames and that was only because of passing clouds.  Every frame had identically round stars. I can't believe how well this mount works.

-Ken