Re: Lunar eclipse from Hawaii

Stuart

Beautiful!!

On Tue, Nov 8, 2022 at 1:15 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Astronuts,

The eclipse occured here at 1 am with the Moon just past the zenith. It was one of the darkest eclipses I have ever seen. Using my Stowaway with my Sony digital camera it took a 2 second exposure to capture the fully eclipsed Moon. The un-eclipsed Moon required a 1/2000 second exposure. That's a 4000:1 difference in the amount of light at "totality". It was so dark that the Milky Way stood out prominently.

The wide field image was taken with a 12mm Rokinon lens with a 30 second exposure. The three bright objects are the Moon, Jupiter and Sirius.

Roland