Re: Mobile Mounts

Peter Nagy

Problem with short sub-exposure times and capturing many subs with full frame Sony IMX-455 sensors is hard disk space (each binned 1x1 image is 120MBytes). I know hard disks are cheap but stacking quite a bit of 120MBytes subs can be time consuming and can cause processing software to crash when stacking.

Personally I prefer only LRGB imaging at gain of zero to take advantage of deep well capacity, expose longer like 10 minutes subs with awesome A-P1100GTO-AE mount and fewer total subs to save hard disk space and processing times.

Peter