Re: Advice for pier top plate

Mike Dodd

On 8/16/2022 12:33 AM, Glenn wrote:
Now I am trying to figure out what must be done to mount my Mach1 on it. I already have an ADATRI, which I believe is the correct adapter.
If the ADATRI has four holes to attach to the pier, you'll need to work with those, and forget about the three holes already in the pier. I would cut/machine four aluminum blocks. Then:

1. Drill a 1/4" hole through each block on the side that attaches to the pier.

2. Lay the ADATRI on top of the pier.

3. Tape the four blocks to the pier so they line up with the holes in the ADATRI, and touch the ADATRI bottom.

4. Through the 1/4" hole in each block, mark on the pier that hole's location.

5. Remove the blocks from the pier.

6. On the pier, drill and tap 1/4"-20 holes for the four blocks.

7. Attach the four blocks to the pier with 1/4"-20 bolts. I'd use stainless steel hardware.

8. Lay the ADATRI on top of the four blocks, then mark the location of the mounting holes.

9. Drill and tap a 1/4"-20 x 1/2"-deep hole in each block for the ADATRI holes.

10. Attach the ADATRI to the four blocks with 1/4"-20 SS bolts.

That should do it.

You might want to devise a way to level the ADATRI, although apparently precise leveling isn't necessary with A-P mounts.

HTH.

--- Mike