Re: Custom Tracking Rate woes

Ray Gralak

Hi WB,

Hi, can someone please confirm the units of the Cust RA and Cust DEC rates in the AP v2 ASCOM Driver? I've
read the help file but can't seem to make the mount move in the way I'm expecting it to move based upon the
values I type into the panel.
The units are defined by ASCOM and also defined in the help file. They

The right ascension tracking rate offset is relative to the sidereal rate, in seconds per sidereal second. There is no compensation for declination, so the apparent tracking rate will appear slower at declinations other than zero.

https://ascom-standards.org/Help/Platform/html/P_ASCOM_DeviceInterface_ITelescopeV3_RightAscensionRate.htm

The declination tracking rate is in arcseconds per SI (atomic) second.

https://ascom-standards.org/Help/Platform/html/P_ASCOM_DeviceInterface_ITelescopeV3_DeclinationRate.htm

-Ray