Re: Mach2GTO counterweight shaft stuck midway #Mach2GTO

>>> And the only precaution I have ever taken was
to apply a thin coat of WD40 to the counterweight bar threads

I agree with adding something to threads, but I prefer CLP. I may have lifted that from Christopher?

On Mon, Aug 8, 2022 at 2:17 PM Brian Kaine <briankaine@...> wrote:
Hi Carl,

Sorry to hear about the problem, but I am sure that Astro-Physics will have a
solution for you. Their support is the best in the world!

Regarding this as being an issue with an older batch of mounts, I can only add
that I own the first production sample, #M20011. I have never encountered this
problem, so it is likely hit-or-miss. And the only precaution I have ever taken was
to apply a thin coat of WD40 to the counterweight bar threads. An earlier AP900
mount that I own developed a nasty squeek when screwing in the bar (although
it had never siezed up). The oil put a stop to that problem.

Brian