Re: Mach2GTO counterweight shaft stuck midway #Mach2GTO

Carl Björk

My freezer is not big enough, will have to try with the fridge.

The sun has set and tomorrow I'll be working from my clients premises, so it'll stay more than 20h at 4°C

It still remains extremely difficult to heat only the insert as it is screwed halfway there is a lot of contact with the shaft thread.
And if both parts dilate it is useless as proportions are maintained.

Rgds,

Carl

On Mon, Aug 8, 2022 at 08:41 PM, Yves Laroche wrote:
Put the whole shaft + insert a couple of hours into the freezer.  After just heat the insert and you should be able to get parts apart.  I recommend you to wear tick rubber glove to get the highest grip.

Regards,
Yves