Re: Mach2GTO counterweight shaft stuck midway #Mach2GTO

Michael Kelly

Sorry to hear about this Carl!  In my line of work we routinely use an induction heater, but short of that may I suggest putting the whole thing in your freezer for a few hours, or dry ice if available.  Take out and immediately apply a heat gun (or highest source of heat that is available to you). Be sure not to direct heat at the counterweight shaft so it stays as cold as possible.  Try for a minute or soo and try strap wrenches.

If that fails, any qualified machinist can assist removing the stuck parts without damaging them.

Good luck and looking forward to more Gagillionpixel images!

Best,

On Monday, August 8, 2022, 2:36 PM, Carl Björk <carl.bjork@...> wrote:

Neither penetrating oil or heating works.
It is really very seized.

The insert is stuck halfway about 1/2 "