Re: Mach2GTO counterweight shaft stuck midway #Mach2GTO

Manusfisch

Yes used direct heat with high output solder gun, more controlled than propane torch, strap wrench did not melt. I then applied Barricade ( used for years on my firearms) or Blue Creeper afterwards. Try to avoid wd40, mostly kerosene, made for water displacement (WD) not best lubricant. A soft graphite pencil run across the threads (I use a #2 pencil) works great also and is dry direct application .

TJF Mobile

On Aug 8, 2022, at 13:55, Carl Björk <carl.bjork@...> wrote:

On Mon, Aug 8, 2022 at 07:48 PM, Manusfisch wrote:
I have used George’s method and it really works well never occurred again

TJF Mobile
Have you heated the insert ?

I tried "cold" and broke a strapwrench