From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Stacey Mills
Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2022 8:47 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] IC 5070 - Pelican Nebula

Monday night had good "seeing" though transparency wasn't great with typical summer haze.  Even the summer Milky Way was hard to see.  I got 25 360s images of the Pelican Nebula through a combined Ha/OIII L-Extreme filter.  Unfortunately the Pelican is virtually all hydrogen and certainly not as photogenic as the Veil nebula.  Oh well.  I've planned out a 4-panel mosaic of the complete east/west Veil but unfortunately I can't image tonight as I'm about to drive to Richmond RIC to pick up my daughter and family for a 10-day visit.   I'm hoping to get the Veil mosaic before it moves off to the west if I can get two good nights.

IC 5070 - Pelican Nebula

--
Karen Christen