22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171 1983476

Am 27.07.2022 um 16:54 schrieb Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...>:

Have you seen my mail with my Mach2? There are no more tolls except the Timer and Bookmarks after updating the key pad and firmware.
I don't understand what you wrote here. What is a toll? Do you mean tool? I have not seen any e-mails from you.

Roland

-----Original Message-----
From: Konstantin von Poschinger <KPoschinger@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Jul 27, 2022 9:46 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Orthogonal Model

Hi Roland,

I will try tonight again. I think also it has to do with the initialization. Have you seen my mail with my Mach2? There are no more tolls except the Timer and Bookmarks after updating the key pad and firmware.

Konstantin

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171 1983476

Am 27.07.2022 um 16:36 schrieb Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...>:

Did this happen on only one star or did you try other stars? Is the time, date and location the same in the keypad as it is in any other program that you have connected to the mount? What other programs have you connected to the mount - APCC, ASCOM driver, planetarium programs etc. Probably what happened is that the keypad settings are 1 hour different from the external program that you used to initialize the mount.

I have tried this program many times during testing and it has never failed, so I don't understand what happened in your case. The program searches for stars that are 1 hour or less from the meridian and after centering it does a recal and flips to the other side. This is straight logic and cannot normally fail the way you indicate unless there is some special circumstance that we have not anticipated.

I would ask that you disconnect any other programs that you may have connected and start the mount with only the keypad. Let the keypad initialize the mount. That way the mount's meridian will be exactly the same as the keypad meridian and the proper star will be selected that is 1 hour or less from the meridian.

Roland