Re: Orthogonal Model

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hi Roland,

imdid as you said. First let the Ortho program select a star, then press enter. The mount slew to the star, I center it and press then again enter. Then I know it should flip, but the mount then did not move at all. What I saw, that the stars that are for pict up from the list are not so near the meridian as I thought they should be.

Grüsse

Konstantin 

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171/1983476

Am 27.07.2022 um 02:12 schrieb Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...>:

I have updated my hand pad to version 5, so that I can test the new Orthogonal Model. 
When I have slewed to a star I moved it to the center and press enter.
You slewed to a star. This is ambiguous - did you slew to a star or did you let the Ortho program pick a star?
The way the program works: the Ortho program slews to a star which you then center (you do not slew to a star, the program picks a star which it slews to). When you press Enter the mount slews to the same star on the other side. I just tried this on my CP4 and it works correctly.

Perhaps you pressed Exit instead of Enter?

Roland

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jul 26, 2022 6:37 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Orthogonal Model

Hi,

I have updated my hand pad to version 5, so that I can test the new Orthogonal Model. 
When I have slewed to a star I moved it to the center and press enter. I sought that the mount has to move to the same star on the other side of the mount with  counter weight up. But the mount did not move. It simple stays still on the star. Is there something I have done wrong!
Mount AP3600 ElCapitan. 

Grüsse

Konni

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171/1983476

Am 26.07.2022 um 23:48 schrieb Cheng-Yang Tan via groups.io <cytan299@...>:

Since I haven't seen any reply, I guess sitting outside with the keypad is the only way to go.

cytan

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.