Re: Mach2 USB

Dale Ghent

On Jul 24, 2022, at 13:21, Carl Björk <carl.bjork@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I'm awaiting my mach2, meanwhile looking into things. One of them being my imaging computer is on my telescope and connected my current mount through ethernet. I would love to keep it that way.

I found a Chinese supplier that can produce a Female RJ45 to Male USB cable adapters. It is cheap, but requires a minimum order of 100 cables (less than 2$ per cable).
Direct copper to copper, no signal tempering, no hub involved, merely a cable connector conversion.

Would this be a viable solution to connect CP5 to my scope mounted NUC using "ethernet over ap-internal-usb" ?

I would avoid these kinds of hacks. You might as well just do a straight USB connection to the CP5 and dispense with the extra and excessive machinery around converting from ethernet to USB and back to ethernet. Just use the internal mount USB to do a straight all-USB run to the CP5, or put both your imaging PC and the CP5 on your local Wifi network and use that.

/dale