Re: Mach2 USB

Ray Gralak

Hi Dale,

Another thing I don't like about ethernet, in the context of astro gear mounted on moving things, is in fact the
captured mating of the design. With USB, you have a good chance of a cable snag just pulling the connector out
of the socket. With ethernet, it's not going anywhere, and the lack of it releasing may cause things like the
device's ethernet socket getting ripped off the circuit board.
To prevent this for both USB and Ethernet cables, I first wrap the cable around the OTA or focuser a couple of times and in a loose knot, then connect the cable to the device. If there is a snag the pull on the cable will be mostly directed on the OTA.

-Ray