Re: Mach2 USB

Terri Zittritsch

The problem is that with the USB3 connections in the mount (both ends) you get quite a bit of loss and the USB3 specification is very limiting.  So the remaining cable length is very limited.  What you need is a  usb3 driver as close to the bottom mount entry point as possible.   What works for me is a 6" usb3 cable connected to the input of the mount RA axis, with a USB3 repeater cable from there to your computer.   My repeater cable I have is quite long and the repeater electronics are on the mount side (female side).  So you basically have a USB3 repeater/driver 6" from the mount.   For me this has been very robust and you'll find it not very expensive.

Terri