Re: Ocean-side location corrosion precautions

Christopher Erickson

Positive air pressure with dried, filtered air. Keep Observatory during the day slightly warmer than outside.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Sun, Jul 3, 2022, 4:27 PM Steve Wilkins <stevewilkinsmail@...> wrote:

I’ve been very fortunate to build a permanent observatory to house my setup with my AP1600GTO AE with pretty good skies. The downside is its location near the wild southern ocean with sea mists and heavy dew so I’m concerned about corrosion risks. The gear is housed inside a 3m dome and I’m operating it remotely with Voyager linked to an AAG Cloudwatcher

Are there any suggested precautions I can take that could help guard against these risks?