Re: Motor stall
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
In my personal experience, the top ten most common sources of AP mount motor stalls (orange LED) are, in order:
1. Battery power voltage drop.
2. AC-DC power adapter failing for some reason. Usually due to internal age/humidity/corrosion.
3. Loose, fragile or corroded power connections.
4. Internal CP4/5 horizon limits safety feature hit. Sometimes the CP4/5 itself seems to lose track of the true horizon for mysterious reasons.
5. Camera/focuser/etc. cable hangup.
6. Pinched/damaged Motor Y-cable.
7. Loose motor Y-cable connections.
8. One or both axes BADLY out of balance.
9. Forgetting to put on the counterweights. (seriously yes, I have done this)
10. Electrical or mechanical failure of some kind in the motor assembly. Rather rare.
"Always take the high road. There's less traffic."
On Sun, Jul 3, 2022 at 7:16 AM thefamily90 Phillips <thefamily90@...> wrote: