From: Ray Gralak <iogroups@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Jun 27, 2022 11:22 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach1 tracking issue after meridian flip #ASCOM_V2_Driver #APCC

Hi Roland,

I discounted the possibility of RA backlash because of the 15-second slew settle time after each slew. Is there still a way for that to occur given this set of events Leo said happened?

1. After meridian flip and settle time of 15 seconds, a plate solve was done and it was successful.
2. As part of precision pointing, a slew was issued followed by another 15 second settle timeout.
3. The second plate solve had failed.

The second plate-solve image is what Leo posted. Shouldn't 15 seconds of settle time be enough to take up any RA backlash?

-Ray