Re: 400GTO

Chris White

On Sat, Jun 25, 2022 at 06:58 PM, Roland Christen wrote:
You also know that the altitude axis has to be set to your latitude, yes? In fact, if you have the proper latitude set on your keypad (or other initialization program), you can start from Park3, send it to Park5 and turn the azimuth screw so that the scope is horizontal. This is the first step in setting the mount to polar alignment in the daytime.

Roland
Nailed it!

I've just barely gotten the mount setup in the daytime and have not done a PA yet.

That exactly accounts for why I was pointing below the horizon in Park5.

Thanks for helping me see the "hidden" obvious culprit.

Head slap city!