Re: Having fun with old equipment

Patrick Sparkman

Quick question about your model Roland.  Was that an all sky 190 point model, or did you do a Dec-Arc model around the Dec of your target?  Just wondering what you settings were for the model.  I am still trying to get a handle on the Dec-arc vs just Enable Tracking Correction.  I have not been able to get consistent unguided results like you describe with my AP1600AE, and am wondering if there are some guidelines on the settings needed for particular focal lengths.  I know that a while back that George had a post with some guidelines, but I couldn't find it.

BTW - Nice image of M57.  You did a good job processing it to maintain the colors.