Note: groups.io will be down for maintenance on Wednesday, October 5th, starting at 9AM Pacific Time (4PM Wednesday October 5, 2022 UTC), for approximately one hour.
I think you are overthinking it. Here's what I do with SGP (and I'm sure almost any imaging program can do it):
1) Use your favorite planetary program to see what time the target will be at the desired altitude.
2) Connect APCC/Ascom Driver to the mount.
3) Launch SGP and connect everything
4) Find the desired object in Frame & Mosaic Wizard and frame it to your choice.
5) Set as start time the time of point 1 in SGP (and probably end time, like sunrise).
6) Run the sequence in SGP.
SGP will wait until the specified time and start the sequence.