Re: APCC fast what if

Jeffc

I use sky safari in AR mode (augmented reality) where it uses the phone camera to show the physical scene overlayed with the star map.   I just hold the phone where the telescope is setup, and point the camera to area of the sky I’m interested in…

Then I fast-forward the time selector to see when the object is occulted but trees (in my case). 

I never thought I’d have a use for that AR button in SkySafari… but this is it… daytime planning with limited horizons.  

Here’s a pic of a tree blocking Polaris that I used to show the tree trimmers what needed trimming.   The sky chart is dimmed heavily here because I didn’t want to confuse the tree trimmers, but still wanted a reference.  The opacity is adjustable.  

On Jun 1, 2022, at 10:11 AM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Not sure that you understand. Just advance the time of your planetarium program and look at the planetarium map to see when the object is far enough west.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Jun 1, 2022 12:02 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC fast what if

Roland,

I tried that last night but the scope's altitude and az did not change even though I know it crosses the meridien at 5am, which is too close to sunrise.

Shailesh

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.