Re: APCC Pro model details #APCC

Ray Gralak

Hi Eric,

I've used the polar alignment "knob" table while polar aligning, and it helped. It would have been even nicer to
have APPM tell the user which knob to turn and by how many ticks, rather than forcing the user to look up that
information in the table. That's what T-Point does.
TPoint was designed decades ago when there were not many polar alignment tools available. There are many quicker ways to do polar alignment, including using PEMPro, which is included with most A-P mounts.

Interesting that there aren't "specific good or bad values". In that case, I'm curious why the data is even shown to
the user, since the user isn't expected to do anything with the data (except the polar alignment data since those
can have an impact on field rotation)? And it seems like the data only brings up questions and confuses people.
Agreed, and it is why the pointing terms will be removed from the Pointing Model tab in the next point build. The initial reason for the terms was for checking consistency of pointing terms between runs of pointing models, but these values do not need to be presented to users.

-Ray