Re: Unable to update firmware of CP4

Mike Hanson

Hi Konstantin,

The symptoms have nothing to do with P02-08.  They are related to differences in silicon.

We received a different version of silicon than we specified a while back.  Unfortunately, by the time we discovered this, a few units had snuck out the door.  P02-08 is what we happened to be shipping at the time.  All versions subsequent to P02-08 accommodate multiple versions of silicon.  The silicon differences only affect field updates of firmware, which is why they test fine in the factory and in the observatory.

Regards,
Mike