Re: Mach 2 basic operation

M Hambrick

Hi Andrew

In addition to what everyone else has said I think you would do well to set your new mount up indoors to get familiar with it, and most importantly to do the balancing. The time that you spend doing this inside where you have good lighting, no bugs, and (depending on where you live) heating or air conditioning will be well spent. If you have a side-by side arrangement you should get a copy of Roland's instructions for side-by-side balancing.

When I first got my 1100 mount I only used the keypad. Now that I have started using APCC, I seldom if ever use the keypad, but I still keep it connected as a backup and for use as an emergency stop if I am making a complicated slew where there is a risk of snagging a cable or crashing into the pier.

Mike