Re: Mach 2 basic operation

KHursh

Edited

Many features are really nice, but optional. Setting a custom horizon and meridian limits is nice, but not absolutely necessary to get going. Roland basically confirmed my workflow, with the following exception. If using NINA and you want to get going pretty quickly, you can do a DEC-ARC model which is around 30 points or so and somewhat limited to tracking one specific object. If your polar alignment is good and you guide, the model is unnecessary. Personally, I use a model and don't guide at 900mm focal length and up to about 5 minutes or so.

Ironically, the Mach2 is much easier to use that 'conventional' mounts even though it is premium. I would recommend it to new imagers if the price wasn't prohibitive.

Kevin