From: Kevin Cook <kvc3509@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, May 18, 2022 2:23 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] ZWO color camera problem

Roland - Gregg is right.  I think most ASI cameras, including your 6200MC camera, use the RGGB pattern for the Bayer mosaic.  Possibly something in Maxim DL reset your Debayering pattern to something other than RGGB?   Maybe a software update to Maxim DL reset that parameter.  There could have been a driver update in ASCOM, but hard to imagine that ZWO would input the incorrect Bayer pattern for their own camera.  Even when some processing software has a Automatic setting for Debayering, I always manually select the RGGB just to minimize any possible errors.  Kevin Cook

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 11:55 AM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi astro-imagers,

I have been using a ZWO 6200C color camera here at our factory observatory to test scopes, flatteners etc. I recently aimed it at a nearby blue water tower and was shocked to find that the color image showed the tower red, along with a red sky. The red lights on top of the tower came out blue. The green grass came out green. I did the color conversion in MaximDL from the raw image. After splitting the color image into RGB channels, I mapped the red to the blue channel and vice versa. That resulted in a proper color image.

I can't for the life of me figure out how Maxim-DL could mix up the conversion or whether it's something in the ZWO ASCOM driver that is amiss. Clearly the red pixels are being assigned to the blue channel, and the blue to the red channel in the color image.

Anyone know where to look for a solution, other than re-mapping every image?