Re: Too Windy to Go Long?

Dean Jacobsen

Here is the last image of the "galaxy season".  As it turns out, galaxy season is also windy season out in the San Diego County desert where I image.  Thus, I was again limited to the size of the telescope used.

https://www.astrobin.com/full/hwmplp/0/

It is another wide field at f/5 530 mm focal length with the ASI2600MC color camera.

The colors aren't that great but it is amazing to see the little 15 and 16 magnitude galaxies in the field that were captured with an OSC astro camera.  That is a lot better than I expected to see with this camera.

As usual the scope and camera were expertly carried by the Mach2.  80 x 240 sec. unguided exposures.
--
Dean Jacobsen